CHAPTER 4

A/N: any dialogue in italics is not in English. In the first POV, it's Russian and Spanish in the second :)

AKIO'S POV:
I can't do this anymore.

I can't believe they would do this. Go to this extent.

I held my bag clutched in my hands and my foot out of the door. Ready to run away and never look back.

"Akio!" My mother called jogging down the stairs. "Where on earth do you think you're going?!"

Without a second thought I moved out of doorway and slammed the door shut behind me. I'd had my bag packed for years. Every now and then adding to it, and to the monetary stash in it. And every time it would get a bit heavier, I'd think, 'the next thing they do, I'm leaving'. It became a mantra that never materialised. But this time broke me. How could they do this to their own son. I almost gagged at the thought. The streets were quiet this afternoon. The drive peacefully lulling me. I had to keep shaking my head to keep my vision, from dulling. Using the Bluetooth set-up, I called Anastasia.
"Akio?" She called. "What's going on? Your mum's been calling me nonsto-"
"I'm leaving." I cut her off. "I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving." She was silent for a bit, before releasing a soft sigh.
"Ok."
"You should come with me, get away from everything."
"Yea, yea, I know," I could picture her brows furrowing in concentration. "I have to talk to Galina, before I go anywhere." I stayed silent. She loved her sister too much to leave her alone with her parents. "But as soon as we're ready, we'll follow right after you." A breath of released passed through me. I was so lucky to be paired with Anastasia. As someone who shared my feelings about the alphas outrageous demand. We've been together for almost 6 years. Not together, together; despite our parents wishes. Due to the endangered status of our subspecies, our alpha strongly encouraged us to mate with other werewolves; disobeying the mate bond. He made it very clear that any other pairing will severely disappoint him, using his influence as alpha over the pack to follow his ideals.
I dreaded the day I was matched, but my parents dressed me up in my nicest suit and pushed me through it. When I first met Anastasia, I only felt pity. Pity that I couldn't love her the way she wanted. She happened to share the same pity.
So we defied our parents and the alphas wishes. Not falling in love with each other, but falling into friendship. We put up a front and we discussed running away so many times; but could never follow through for one reason or another.

But this was the last straw.

"They drugged me Anastasia." I said calmly, despite the persistent fog trying to take over my mind.
"Oh shit!" She exclaimed. "And you're driving?!" She whisper-yelled into the phone, being wary of eavesdroppers.
"I'm on my way to Neal's now."
"Okay," she breathed out. "Text me when everything's okay." Before she had even finished, I was shaking my head.
"I'm ditching my phone as soon as I hang up, Anastasia." I confessed. "As soon as I land, wherever I'm going, I'll buy a new phone and contact you but I can't give you the number until you escape as well."  They'd tracked me before through my phone. And Anastasia as well.  They'd track me again. I had to be careful.
"Okay," she sighed. "Be safe." The tell tale click signified the end of the call. I promptly snapped the phone and threw it out of the window. The dark navy night coated the sky as I made my way to Neal's house trying not to cause an accident with my fading reality. My blood started to rush within my veins, pulsing rapidly through my limbs. But simultaneously, my mind seemed to slow and my processing all blurry and fuzzed, like someone had placed a film over my perception. My eye lids were moving at a quick pace trying to clear my vision but got stuck every time they closed, wanting to stay closed and succumb to slumber. Just to keep them open was a large effort in itself.