[[CHAPTER 1: TEMPORARY HAPPINESS]] Part 2: Your Downfall

Villeane [NARRATING]: We were inseparable since. A day didn't go by without us by each other's side. In a way, the both of us adjusted to each other's understanding, even if it meant hurting one's health.

Was it obsession? Who knows. Maybe, it was.

We always got along well cause we knew what the other wanted. Every single action was predictable, after hanging out for days. We knew each other too well.

Probably even better than we knew ourselves.

When I had an instinct to go somewhere, he'd know where.
When I wanted to eat something specific, he'd know what.
And if I felt completely different to who I usually was, he'd know how to cheer me up.

Same goes for him. I'd always know whether he'd be upset with me or joking. I'd know whether he's uncomfortable or simply being sarcastic.

In terms of danger, we'd always be partners in crime and escape together. Maybe have a laugh after a successful mission.

...

Villeane [NARRATING]: You could say we fit each other's puzzles perfectly. Magnets who attracted, sun and moon, you name it.

Though, despite that, he never told me about one thing. He was part of an organization of criminals. He once came running to me covered in sweat and blood on his shirt. He told me to run. "Run where?", I asked him. He refused to tell me until we've gotten to a safe location. After we safely made it, he told me everything. He told me he had joined this organization that would willingly have heists.

I remembered his goal. He wanted to commit a crime. I was surprised at how he ran away from that goal of his.

He told me he wanted to change for the better. For me. I wish I could believe him, but he had never done impulsive decisions like this before. He was a man of his word. Never to rethink decisions nor back out.

To Be Continued