[[CHAPTER 1: TEMPORARY HAPPINESS]] Part 3: Vengeance

Villeane [NARRATING]: I cried. I cried more than I had imagined. I cried because I felt lost, confused. He looked at me with eyes that were filled with terrors.

I heard loud noises coming from the door he locked up and barricaded. Banging, loud banging. I assumed it was the people looking for him. Wanting for him to return to their organization. He refused to.

He told me to calm down, but I couldn't. We didn't know whether we'd live or die. We held each other that night, shivering with fear. Not long after, I spotted an exit. I told him we'd be able to escape. He nodded and followed me.

I was quite worried as he stopped and looked around the place. His eyes were now filled with distractions. Many distractions I couldn't decipher. For the first time in our whole relationship, I was clueless.

The door opened. I heard gun cocking and yelling. He held a grenade, which had a timer of 2 minutes on it. He told me to open the door and run for my life. I followed his command. He held the door open for me as I ran through. I felt him slip something small into my pocket.

...

Little did I know, that was the last time I'd be able to see him. I ran out, thinking he came right after me. We always did have the same thoughts, didn't we? Each other was predictable. But not at that very moment. I ran far away, thinking he trailed right behind me, but no. Moments after, I heard an explosion. As I looked back, he was nowhere to be found. I searched for him, called for him, but an eerie silence just answered. I remembered he had slipped something in my pocket. I reached out for it. It had a note in it, with the words

"We were never meant for each other. You never deserved someone who was your complete opposite. You understood me, but never on a personal level. Find someone better than me, will you? Promise me that."

Tears streamed down my face. I was speechless. I thought we had everything planned out. I thought he and I would run away, together. I was wrong.

Maybe he was unpredictable, after all. All those years I spent knowing him, he'd never do something I wouldn't predict.

Villeane: I'll avenge you. I'll pursue criminology, for you, even if I were to use it for the bad. You're not evil, you never were. But you were born into a world of horrors.

I grew up in pure bliss, you didn't. Now, it's my turn to turn the tables.

Unpredictable, After All.
THE END.