One (1)

Little Tommy makes his way into his father and older brothers' lives

-------------------

Phil is reading a book, Techno is sharpening his axe, and Wilbur is washing the dishes from lunch. They are all almost in the same room, the kitchen is open to the living room, where the sofa on which Phil's reading is, and sitting by the front door, Techno can see the other two.

The only alpha in the family soon interrupts the care ritual for his beloved weapon to gently sniff the air. A strange, extremely faint scent, barely strong enough for Techno to pick up, wafts up to his nose, distracting him from one of his favorite things to do when he's home.

A scent... very peculiar, that he had never smelled before, but somehow his brain, his instincts probably identify it as...

"Dad, are you pregnant?"

Phil looks up from his reading of ancient characters that no one else seems to understand, and from the kitchen the plates Wilbur's holding clink against each other.

The room falls into dead silence.

'Oh, Techno, what nonsense are you saying?' It's what the twins expect to hear coming from their father after a snort of disbelief, but instead with a guilty sigh and a caught-up expression, the man closes the book with a little smack.

"Oh, Techno..."

Phil puts the book on his lap.

"... You ruined my surprise."

The sound of a plate crashing to the floor startles the alpha, turning to look at his brother, standing in the kitchen with an expression of utter shock.

The silence lasts a little longer, both young males looking at their father with equally stunned expressions.

Phil looks at them both like a pup caught up doing mischief. "What?"

"Dad?!" The twins exclaim at the same time, and the older omega shrugs, resuming his reading on the page he had left off.

"Oh come on, you two. Don't be dramatic."

------------------------

"But... but how?"

The topic has resonated strongly since that afternoon. And it couldn't be otherwise. With the fact that only the three of them live in that house almost in the middle of the woods, finding out that their father is going to have a third pup eighteen years after them are some impossible to ignore news.

Phil rolls his eyes, a small impish smile crossing his expression. "You really want me to explain how? I'm pretty sure you're both old enough to know how."

"No, no, no, no." Techno responds quickly, a not at all discreet grimace of disgust making its way onto his face. "What I mean is... you're here all day, how the hell could you have... Ugh."

The alpha trails off the question, flinching slightly, and looking simply perturbed. It is true that most of the days of the family are spent at their house, attending to the housework, taking care of the animals or simply being at home.

"Oh god, and who?" Intervenes Wilbur. That's another good question.

... That Phil is not going to answer.

"That's part of my private life, huh? Be content knowing it's going to be an adorable pup. They've got good genes."

A short silence cuts through the conversation.

"What the hell does that mean?!" Squeaks Wilbur and Techno looks horrified with the whole situation.

Phil gets up from the table with his empty plate in his hands, seeing how his sons' plates are practically untouched, too busy trying to question him and finding themselves torn between being traumatized and too horrified to eat breakfast.