Chapter Twenty

Gregory woke up with a sharp jolt. He didn't know if it was because of the night terror he had, or if it was because Monty came charging into the room loudly, singing an awful love song. He was probably just showing off. Bonnie clapped when the gator had finished and the two exchanged a playful smile.

Sun glanced at Gregory. "Oh. You're awake now?"
"Kind of hard not to be when someone won't stop singing," Gregory shot Monty a sharp glare but the gator didn't notice.
Sun let out a small laugh. "Understandable." 
Gregory and Sun looked at the animatronics. "So," Sun started, "Are you guys fully charged now?"

Chica nodded. "It didn't take too long for me. But since Roxy and Monty fought, theirs took a bit longer."
Sun's jaw dropped and he glanced from Monty to Roxy. "Wait- what- Roxy and Monty fought?"
Roxy crossed her arms and smiled. "I won."
Monty rolled his eyes. "I would've won if you didn't find the button."
Roxy shot him a side glare. 

"Sibling dynamic much?" Bonnie joked. 
Nobody laughed. Gregory coughed awkwardly. Bonnie's ears drooped in embarrassment. Monty laughed. "Ahaha, ahahaha- Good one?"
Gregory snorted at the awkward but funny reaction. 

"Okay but seriously guys," Sun's expression turned serious. "We have to stop Freddy."
"Stop Freddy?" Gregory echoed. "How? He doesn't have a button."
Chica piped in. "It's worth a try!"
"I'm with Jeremy on this one," Roxy objected. 

"Jeremy? It's Gregory," Gregory furrowed his eyebrows. 
But she ignored him and went on. "If he's doing it out of his own free will, who are we to stop him?"
"We don't exactly know that yet," Chica pointed out.

"How about..." Monty pretended to think for a moment. "I kill him!"
Chica shrieked. "No! You can't kill Freddy! He's our friend!"
Monty growled. "He betrayed us, Chica. He decommissed Bonnie for goodness sakes and I am NOT letting that slide."
Bonnie shot him a sympathetic glance. "It's alright, Monty."

"No, Bon, it's not." Monty's tone softened towards the bunny.
Chica turned her gaze towards Sun. "Sundrop, tell them! We can still give Freddy a chance!"
Sun just looked away, doubt clouding his eyes. Then he looked up again. "Monty's right, Chica. I'm sorry."
Chica just shook her head and exited the room. Roxy's ear twitched anxiously as she watched her leave. "I think she needs a moment," she mumbled quietly.