Chapter 1- A New Town

I start unpacking my belongings and put them away in my new room, it's smaller than my old room and has light pink walls, a small window by the bed and a average-sized wardrobe. "KIRA!" shouted my mom from down the stairs.
I go downstairs to see what she wanted.
I don't have the best relationship with my parents, as you can probably tell
"Get the rest of the stuff from the car" she muttered as she lit her cigarette.
I did as I was asked, not wanting to locked inside as I did wanna explore this small town.
After I brought the rest on the bags and boxes in, I threw on my low-top converse and left the house, not wanting to be around for when my parents get drunk and end up screaming at me.
I walked to this bridge near the river and sat under it.
I found a lighter and put it in my pocket, it was bright pink and had writing on it- it read "K.C", I wonder who that is and why they left it here.

The next morning I woke up for my first day at school. I put on my converse, a pair of ripped jeans and a plain white shirt with my favourite blue flannel over it. I slung my bag onto my back and left the house quietly,  not wanting to wake up my hungover parents. I had the lighter i found lastnight in my jeans pocket so i decided to stop in the gas station on the way to school for some cigarettes and some chips.
When I got to school I had to find the Vice Principal for a tour of the place and find out where my locker is and shit like that.
I walked to the reception and asked for the Vice, "Oh yes you must be Kira, please hold on for a sec while I just go get him" the receptionist said. She was maybe mid-30's and had short black hair, she seemed sweet.
She came back with a average-height man who wore thick-framed glasses.
"You must be Kira, I'm your new Vice Principal, Mr.Thomas" he said, holding his his out for me me shake it and looking me up and down almost as if he was trying to figure me out based off my looks."Yeah, nice meeting you sir" I replied, shaking his hand.
He gave me a tour of the school and then finally showed me where my locker is. "If you have any problems, ask Claire at reception for me" he said calmly with a weird smirk. "Thanks" I replied awkwardly, he really gave me the creeps.

I was walking to my first class of the day, which so happened to be my favourite subject- art. I sat next to this boy who had long hair. He turned to look at me, "are you new here?" He asked, "yeah I am- my names Kira" I said smiling softly at him. "My names Chad, I'm gonna guess and say you don't really have any friends yet huh?" he replied. "Not really, no" I said thinking about what he had just said.
"Well now you do, friend" he laughed, "I don't mind that at all" I replied happily- my first friend in this shithole.
After class had ended, Chad turned to me and asked me to come to his band practise later and of course I said yes, I mean, I could make more friends I guess.

SORRY THIS IS SHORT ITS MY FIRST EVER THING IM PUBLISHING, HAVE A GREAT DAY SORRY FOR THE BAD WRITING! <3