part five

cassie runs out the door. renee takes off her shoes and chases her. maddy runs behind her, ready to jump in. cassie stumbled on something and fell.

intoxicated renee got on top of her and slapped her in the face. "what was that?!" renee yelled, "yeah, that's what i thought!" everyone was cheering, until nate showed up. renee was going after cassie, punching her in the face. nate grabs renee by the wrist and as he does she points at cassie, cussing at her.

he slams her into the door, just like he did at the carnival. she gasps, "nate-" she attempts to say. she begins to cry. "please, nate-" she falls to the floor. she hugs her knees, sobbing.

"hey, hey. i'm sorry." he puts his hand on her back.

she whimpered.

"i'm gonna leave." nate says.

renee stayed in there for about thirty minutes, not enough time for someone to worry but ling enough to slight recover from that.

maddy was dancing with a random guy when she saw renee walking out of the room, so she ran up to her. "where've you been?" maddy says. renee shrugs. "did you hookuuuuuup?" maddy says, poking renee. "no." renee says, smiling. "well then what?" maddy hold renee's hand. "nothing, honestly." renee pull maddy with her to go dance.

whenever either one of them are stressed or upset, they dance. partying is the best way to relieve stress because even though renee didn't really do drugs, the adrenaline of the whole thing is like a different type of high.

they dance until 3:30 in the morning. nate was just watching them, seeing if renee was going to say something. she didn't.

"you wanna come to my place?" maddy says.

"duhhh!" renee and maddy both stumble out of the party when fez and ash follow them out.

"yo! you shouldn't be driving!!" fez says, while renee and maddy hold each others shoulder. renee flicks him off, not really meaning it because she's not in the right mind, but she still did. "im for real rae! lemme drive you!" fez says, quickly walking behind them.

"im fine!" renee says, laughing. "listen fez, i love you but i really don't need to deal with this!" renee walks into the car.

"what's his problem?" maddy says, slurring her words.

"i dunno." renee says, turning on the car. "he's just like, way too over protective."

fez bangs on the window. "you're gonna get in a crash, rae!"

renee blows a kiss to ash and fez as they drive off. fez puts his hands on the back of his head.

maddy turns up the radio. they're singing no scrubs by TLC. they dance while driving, of course they've had to swerve around a little bit and they nearly get on an accident, but they get to maddys house safe.

they walk in, talking about how they don't deserve any boys who treat them badly or whatever when maddy gets a text from nate.

nate

nate:
hey maddy
ik ur w renee so can u pls tell her
to text me?
pls it's important

maddy:
no
we're busy

nate:
maddy im fr
tell her

maddy:
no
maybe later

maddy leaves the conversation like that. honestly, renee would text nate but she was too high and way too drunk to even pick up her phone.

"i love you rae. you're like my favorite person ever." maddy says, while they both lay on the bed.

"to be honest, i feel like i'd not be where i am now without you. you're my sister." renee laughs. maddy kisses renee on the head and they both fall asleep.

the conversation was true. renee wouldn't be where she is without maddy. they are soulmates, always and forever.