Crime And Punishment

Mario and Peach lived a domestic life. They lived in a quaint house on the corner of a suburban neighborhood and grew vegetables in their backyard. They were an outdoorsy couple, and spent nearly all of their time out there, basking in the warm sunshine.

In the frigid winter, they would bunker down right alongside their vegetables. Their house was always growing in order to accommodate the ever-growing garden. They hibernated right there every winter.

The summer was their favorite, though. Nebraska was a cold place, so they relished every moment under the rays. Peach would sit and watch Mario tend to their garden all day as she read books and sunbathed, and Mario loved every minute of it.

Mario adored his wife, he really did. He loved her shimmery blonde coat, the way her eyes sparkled in the light. He didn't let her lift a claw- she was his princess. After years of fighting to keep her out of Bowser's clutches, she was finally his. Paradise.

The one teensy, tiny little thing that bothered Mario about his life was his own brother.

Luigi was a fine guy, sure. He had a job, house, a garden of his own. He made funny jokes and cooked a mean ratatouille.

At the same time, he had a sort of smugness about him that Mario could never seem to get over. It had bothered Mario since they were children learning how to read. Luigi always just seemed to be slightly quicker, a little bit more clever. He learned how to write his name before Mario could even get a proper "M".

It was annoying. Plain and simple.

Mario wasn't jealous. Absolutely not. Luigi didn't have a wife as amazing as Peach- he didn't have a wife at all. He was alone, seemingly content with his books. This was odd to Mario.

Not jealousy, though. For real, stop thinking that.

Fast forward to a sunny June day with Mario and Peach lazing outside, enjoying their day. Each had a peach in hand, sweet nectar slowly running down their claws. Mario turned towards Peach and smiled at her.

"Do you want another peach, my sweet Peach?" He asked like an absolute jokester. Peach gave him a soft smile in return and nodded.

Mario pushed himself out of his resting position and laid his peach down on a little wooden coaster next to his seat. He gave Peach another smile and began lumbering off towards the woods to fetch her a peach.

Unfortunately, they didn't have peach trees in their little garden. They had tried to plant them though, for sure- there just wasn't enough room, and every time they tried to plant one, it would mysteriously disappear within a few weeks of being sprouted from the ground. They figured that their soil just wasn't good enough.

Peach watched Mario gander towards the woods with a smile. She loved when he did things for her, like fetch her more of her favorite fruit. He was so dutiful and loyal to her, it was hard to imagine a life without him- especially after her years of being locked away in a tower or being stowed away somewhere scary and unfamiliar by Bowser.

She let her mind wander for a bit, the sun making her eyelids flutter. She yawned, allowing herself to succumb to the sleepiness. The soft chirps of a distant lark filled her ears as she drifted off.

She awoke to a terribly loud, guttural noise coming from the direction of the woods. Groggily, she rubbed her eyes, allowing them to readjust to the bright light. She squinted, eventually making out what looked to be the outline of Mario returning from the woods.

He grinned at her, holding up two peaches. "Peach!" He shouted. "I got you so-"

Mario was flattened to the ground as a large red object whirred over him, the horrible noise becoming even more grotesque as it merged with Mario's screams.

🎉 You've finished reading 🥀 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓾𝓹 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 🥀 - Groundhog!Mario/Luigi x Princess Peach 🎉