Chapter 5: Let This Be A Nightmare

As Xiang Hao Ting and Yu Xi Gu returned from their 'date', Xiang Hao Ting could still not believe all the events that happened.

They went to the place where they always ate those delicious buns when they were high schoolers. They had also gone to Zhi Gang Ge's shop. Xiang Hao Ting almost immediately panicked as they entered the shop, because Yu Xi Gu who was with him didn't really remember Lu Zhi Gang or the shop anymore. But Zhi Gang Ge also noticed Xiang Hao Ting's expression right away, and being the most understanding guy he is, he didn't say a word to any of them.

Though while leaving, he briefly talked to Xiang Hao Ting about whatever was happening. Xiang Hao Ting was a bit flustered while telling the happenings of the past few days to Zhi Gang Ge.

"Okay, I do understand the situation but please take care of yourself better Xiang Hao Ting. You know the best that in what condition you were after the accident. And whatever happens, you can always talk with us okay?"

"Thank you Ge. I've been contemplating a lot too for these past few days. At first I didn't want to be even near to Yu Xi Gu but now, I just cannot reject him if he wants to be friends with me. Old habits die hard they say after all." Xiang Hao Ting bitterly laughed.

"You'll be just fine Xiang Hao Ting. Just trust yourself and making your choices by yourself will be the best for you now."

"Yes, Ge. Then, I'll leave now. Xiao Gu is waiting outside. I'll call you later~"

As Lu Zhi Gang saw those two leave walking side by side, he was reminded of the days when Xiang Hao Ting used to chase Yu Xi Gu all the way to the store even when they weren't dating. And then the days when he saw both of them walking beside each other, holding hands and having the most adorable smiles on their faces. Back then, he used to always look out for and take care of Yu Xi Gu. Even he felt a void after Yu Xi Gu's accident, as before it, Lu Zhi Gang was like the only family Yu Xi Gu had.

____

"I'm so full!! The food was really good at that place, right? The owner looked really friendly too."

"Yes..."

"So, did today made you feel better?? I might be a bit boring sometimes. So I don't really know if you enjoyed with me." Yu Xi Gu said making a sad puppy face, the ultimate and the only weakness of Xiang Hao Ting.

"I did..." Xiang Hao Ting slightly smiled looking at Yu Xi Gu.

Yu Xi Gu was shorter than him so he could see his expressions so clearly.

"Really?! I'm so glad. You know, you are the only person I want to be close to."

"Oh..."

'WHY IS MY HEART POUNDING SO FAST?! OH GOD PLEASE! NOT NOW!'
Xiang Hao Ting internally screamed. He couldn't take it anymore with Yu Xi Gu right there beside him.

"So did I score some points today? I think I did from your expression." Yu Xi Gu said teasingly.

"That's just your wishful thinking. Anyways, I have to go now, it's already late and I've got a morning class tomorrow."

As Xiang Hao Ting turned his back to leave, Yu Xi Gu suddenly grabbed his hand.

"Wait. Just a minute. I have something I need to tell you."

Xiang Hao Ting's eyes lingered where Yu Xi Gu had grabbed his wrist. He hadn't felt that warmth in decades.

"What do you have to tell me?"

"I won't beat around the bush and just say it okay. I just want you to know how I feel, nothing else. Don't get pressured or anything because of this."

"Quite a warning you are giving me."

"I Like You. No in fact I Love You. I don't understand it really well myself either. But this has to be what I feel for you. Sometimes you feel so familiar to me even though I never knew you in my entire life. It's crazy how I keep thinking of you all the time."

There was a long silence between them.

Xiang Hao Ting couldn't think anymore. He was just completely blank, staring at the person in front of him. He paled. He couldn't believe what he just heard.

'Yu Xi Gu liked him? Please whatever happened just now be a bad dream.'

_________________________________________

Finalllyyy...there's been a lot going on so this update was late~~ but i hope y'all enjoy reading it~ Yu Xi Gu is the one confessing first this time....