Chapter 11: Dinner

Kwon Boram's POV

"2 Medium Iced Americano and 1 Small Iced Caramel Macchiato please," my colleague designated in the cashier area said, and as the barista, I immediately made the orders as quick as possible and gave it to the claiming area afterwards.

So far, I have already learned the recipes for half of the menu here in this cafe. It was easy to memorize as I was also a barista before, and I'm quite familiar with how to make some of the drinks in the menu already.

"Alright, let's try making the frappes, shall we?" My senior barista said and I immediately nodded.

I learn the recipes usually in the first hour of the opening since there aren't many customers that come to us by the time frame of 7 to 8 in the morning. Customers usually arrive by 8:30 am to grab a quick coffee or breakfast on the go, and the cafe stays busy until 10 am. Then, by 12 pm, the cafe gets busy again because it's lunch time, but that's also when my shift ends.

Those are actually my observations for the three days that I've been working here so far, and aside from that, everything here is great. I like the environment, the aesthetic of the place, and even the energy of my colleagues.

I'm a morning person, and I know that not a lot of people actually enjoy waking up early that's why they are usually grumpy or lethargic, so it's nice to have people around me who also radiate the same energy at the time of our work.

The remaining hours in the cafe was as usual the same thing for me. When my shift ended, I waited for the person who would be replacing me before I left the area and went to the locker room to change my shirt and to get my things.

"I'll get going," I told my colleagues, dismissing myself. I went about-face, finally ready to get home yet I gasped in surprise when I saw the familiar tall figure of someone who just entered the coffee shop. Our eyes met, and he wore a timid smile to acknowledge me.

Does he know that I work here?! I haven't even told him yet that I got another job!

"Princess," he greeted me as he got close to the counter where I still am nearby.

"Uhm, hi?" I greeted back although it came out more of like a question. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Getting coffee. You?" He asked.

"I work here."

He arched his brow. "I'm getting my coffee first then let's talk. Take a seat somewhere. Do you want any drink?"

"No, thank you. I'll just wait for you."

I took a seat on one of the tables beside the glass door and waited for him. I'm not sure why we need to talk, but maybe it's because I got another job. Honestly, I don't think there's anything that concerns him about that. He can't control me. I'm not his submissive ㅡ not unless we're having sex to say the least.

A few minutes later and he's now sitting in front of me with his Iced Americano.

"So you got yourself another job. I hope you don't mind me asking why." He took a sip of his drink.

"I just thought it would be better if I get more sources of income. Since I'm not always with you, I figured getting another job won't waste those times and I will save more money."

"But I'm already providing for your financial needs."

I sighed. "Yes, but I won't always be a sugar baby, Seokjin. Another thing, they know that I work for you, and I have an early schedule as a household helper so getting this job gives me an actual schedule that somehow matches with what I had back then which makes things easy for me to be left unsuspicious. More importantly, my sister is pregnant, so I'm saving more money for her child so that they wouldn't need to suffer a lot when the child grows up."