Prologue

A/N
After rereading this a couple times I decided I'll be rewriting the prologue so I might replace this one soon

Chapter summary: The knitting club won't believe this!

Warnings: death stuff (obviously), violence and weapon mention, slight drug mention

Word count: ca. 2400

Proofread: not really

A/N: the information ventured scenes are very rushed as it doesn't offer a lot to change for her and we all know what happens., Some other scenes are shorter cause Vilma is an elderly lady so one would for example probably take her from a bar fight pretty quickly.
Also this chapter is poorly written cause I'm terrible at first chapters, it's also very dialogue focused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FanExpo FantasyCon was bustling with people excited for Last Legacy II: Ex Nihilo. In between the ocean of people wearing some-better-some-worse cosplays and colourful (probably overpriced) fan merch stood a woman, trying to make her way through them. Her walking stick was decorated to look like a fantasy staff with some styrofoam, golden paint and the glitter her great-granddaughter had insisted on.

"Wait, you're Vilma, aren't you?"

She turned around to see a somehow familiar girl smiling at her.

"Why, I am. Your name is.... Ah, give me a moment.... Celena, was it?"
Celena nodded, her smile widening.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, dear. My granddaughter showed me pictures of your cosplays some time ago, they're very lovely."

"Thank you! I'm actually a big fan of your streams, they're awesome."

"I'm glad to hear that, though the cheers should go to my Evelyn alone. She had both the idea and patience to introduce me to video games." Vilma chuckled, lowering her voice: "it was quite a bit of work, I wasn't good with technic and all that modern things I must admit."

"Are you here with her?"

"Well, yes, just that I can't find her anymore I fear."

"Maybe she's headed to the Mike Morgan signing?"

Vilma looked over at one of the smaller posters advertising the convention events, this one showing a big picture of Mike Morgan.

"That might—" when she looked back Celena was gone. "—Be it?"

Looking around she noticed the entire hall was empty, somehow she hadn't even noticed it going completely quiet. That was except the thud that startled Vilma to look on the ground next to her.

.
.
.

Vilma opened her eyes again with a groan. What happened? Right, she tried to pick up the Astrolabe.

A soft "what" made her turn her attention to the person in front of her.

"You.... You're not.... Rime..... are you?"

The woman simply shook her head.

"Ugh" The young man buried his face in his hands , staying like this for a moment. Suddenly his head snapped up: "wait, who are you then?"