𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫

𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

my alarm goes off, 6:15. "SHIT! i overslept, there's no way i'm gonna be ready in time," i yell as i launch myself out of bed.

i walk over to my closet to see what i have clean to wear. it's

almost laundry day, meaning barley any of my clothes are clean.

I pick out blue jeans and a light pink sweater. my light pink sweater is my favorite thing in my whole closet. it brings me comfort and i always have a good day when i wear it. you could call it my lucky sweater.

i run over to my bedroom door, grab my converse, and run down the steps. in the process, almost falling down said steps.

"Woah, slow down there. you still have 15 minutes, you're fine," i hear my sister, verity, say as i make it to the kitchen.

"yeah yeah, whatever," i mumble. i grab a box of cereal and grab the milk. i rarely eat breakfast in the mornings, but when i do i feel so much better.

i check the time, 6:45. "i better head out, see you at 3 ver!" i yell as i walk out the front door.

----

as i pull up to the school i see cop cars and reporter vans. "the hell?" i accidentally say out loud. i park in my usual parking spot and make my way over to sidney.

"do you know what's going on?" i ask sid.

"not a clue." sidney whispers.

tatum walks up behind us, scaring sidney in the process.

"can you believe this shit?" tatum says to us.

"tatum, what is going on?" sidney says while turning to her.

"you don't know?! casey becker and steve forest were killed last night." tatum says in a hushed tone.

"what?! no way!" sidney and i say, almost in sync. tatum nods her head at us with slight wide eyes.

"and we're not just talking killed, we're talking splattered killed. ripped open from end to end." tatum says in almost disbelief. we all just look at each other, shocked. not knowing what to exactly say next.

"casey becker.. she sits next to me in english!" sidney uttered.

"..not anymore." tatum said casually, worryingly casual. could she be the killer? could she have even managed it? i mean two teenagers is a lot of work. could she do it?

"so sad. her mom and dad found her hanging from a tree. her insides on the outside." tatum continues.

"oh my god. do they know who did it?" sidney questions.

"their fucking clueless! i mean they're interrogating the entire school, teachers, students, janitors!" tatum answers.

"they think it's school related?" sidney questions. if she was in a seat, she would be on the edge of it.