Chapter 5: Let The Festivities Begin!

After the big concert, Scott and his fellow bandmates had arrived home to enjoy the after party. Luckily for them, Ramona and Kim had gone all out, trying to make it like an old school sleepover. "Sleepover? We're like...In our 20s for Christ's sake" Steven scoffed. "Its called an act of kindness, Steven." Ramona responded, "Plus. Kim also contributed to a good majority of this, so thank her too." Steven locked eyes with Kim. "Thanks, Kim." he said before walking past the two girls. "Just ignore it, Ramona." Kim sighed. 

The boys were more focused on snacks and arguing over what movie to watch, but Kim and Ramona could care less. Ramona wanted to use this as a way to get to the root causes of her friend's change in behavior. "Just be chill. Don't make it too obvious..." She thought to herself. "Hey, Kim. Wanna hit up a few cold ones with me?" Kim thought for a second before agreeing. "Sure. With the week I've been having, I sure could use a beer." The two walked out to the patio and had some time away from Scott and his inner circle. 

"So...What did you mean by what you said earlier?" Ramona questioned. "Oh. Just been stressed out with stuff lately, y'know." Kim said, shrugging the question off... "Pardon me for sounding nosy, but what kind of stuff?" Ramona asked. Kim tried her best not to get frustrated, but made up a good enough answer in hopes her friend would believe her. "You know how...IT can be." Kim responded before sipping a can of beer. She could sense by body language alone that her answer didn't satisfy her friend. "Why do you wanna know anyway?" She asked. "I'm just....Looking out for you, Kim. Something all good friends do." Ramona said. The two stayed quiet for a few minutes, staring at the lovely night sky. "Ramona...I understand your intentions, but there's no need to worry about me." Kim said trying to reassure Ramona. "How about we go see what movie the guys picked out?" She suggested before walking back inside. Ramona sighed and looked up at the sky... "I NEED to get her to crack." She mumbled before walking back inside.

"No luck, eh?" Wallace chuckled. "Nope. I'll get there. I just know it." Ramona said. "It takes a LOT for Kim to break, Ramona. One time, she and Scott got into a huge argument and it took her a month to apologize. Talk about ego issues, right?" Wallace retorted. "Whatever" Ramona sighed. "GUYS! THE MOVIE IS STARTING!" Neil called from the living room. "I'll stay back. You guys just enjoy yourselves." Wallace said before he mouthed the words "good luck" to Ramona. 

Kim sat the furthest from Scott and his friends, fearing the worst. "Hey. Is this space taken?" Ramona asked. "No. Its fine." Kim reassured as her friend sat down. "Scott picked some horror movie. Not that I care or anything." She said. "Not a big fan of those?" Ramona asked. "Nah. Horror movies aren't my thing. But as long as those goofballs are happy, that's what matters." Kim responded, wrapping herself in a blanket. 

About 20 minutes into the movie, Scott and Neil were already cowering away under the sheets, much to Kim's amusement. "Oh yeah. You guys made a GREAT choice picking a HORROR movie!" she shouted at the two. "The effects sure are...Realistic." Ramona said trying to shift the subject.  "Yeah. I guess you're right." Kim said rolling her eyes. "Yo, pass me the popcorn, ladies." Steven said reaching the bowl that was in Kim's lap. "Get your hands off me, Steven!" Kim shouted tossing the bowl in his face. "Ohhhh shit..." Neil said peeking out from under the covers. Kim tried to escape as fast as she could, thinking she was in some sort of danger. Ramona then grabbed her by the arm, but was shoved away. "What has gotten into you, Kim!" Steven retorted. "Guys! Stop!" Ramona said separating the two. "EVERYONE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Kim yelled as she ran upstairs.

"Yep...Definitely monthlies..." Wallace chuckled to try to ease the tension. "Not now, Wallace. This is a one on one thing." Ramona said as she left the room. "Scott. you need to talk some sense into Kim. She's SO killing the vibe here." Steven said. Scott looked at the floor, and back at his friends. "Guys...There's something I need to tell you all..." He sighed...