Chapter 7: Our Unbreakable Friendship {Angie}

Women flashed their phones and recorded Angelina's petty fight with that Dylan girl. Certainly, it would've been better if Angelina's actions weren't as ignorant. I pulled her left arm, rushing over to the limo where Henry parked somewhere. Through the shaded windshields, he wasn't present. Softly I pushed Angelina to the car door as she crossed her arms.

"Have you lost your mind?"

She stuck her tongue out, rolling her eyes like the diva queen she is.

"Do you know what this means for the headline? You have just ruined not your reputation but our entire including Mum!"

"Angie, look..." she said, "I don't give a sh*t about our reputation over our damn family's name. The reporters don't know sh*t about us. So why should I care?"

"Angelina, do you know what family you came from? Our entire lineage was built on riches and elegance. Hard work and people praising how "perfect" the Andersons are. I don't know about you, yet wouldn't it be better if you listened and took accountability for your actions?!"

She glanced over her shoulder and picked up the white lace bag containing her Gucci shoes. The problem was that Angelina had remarkably materialistic views and it was impossible to relate. There was no getting through to her.

"Angie?"

I turned to see a light brown-haired man in a white suit. He spoke with a soft British accent. Cleaner than mine. Despite his pale green eyes, he seemed unfamiliar. I still wore my disguise of a charcoal long-stretched trench coat that was dragging. In the same color, lace-up heels. As well as a round-flappy hat that covers the entirety of my hair.

Yet, how did this man know me?

Angelina gazed at him as if she knew him. Her lips sprung a smile once she figured it out. "Christine!"

He dragged Angelina into the air as she rushed towards him, like a father welcoming his daughter. The man who Angelina called, lifted her down as he stared.

He laid his right hand on me, "Angie, do you remember me?"

I'm looking at him as if he was a stranger.

How can he recognize my disguise when I'm supposed to be unnoticeable?

"All that get-up won't cut it the way I remember my childhood friend. Angie, I was seven when our parents placed us as playmates when we were little. You used to beat me in the game of tag. Might I say, you are quite ambitious..."

My heart pounded, second by second. I pulled the end stick of my sunglasses to view Christine. He had facial hair on either side of his cheeks. His lips twisted into a smile once he met my eyes.

"Christine!"

He nuzzled my neck with his nose. As his arms wrapped around me, it was as if he was protecting me from a terrible monster. I touched the soft white fabric of his suit while the cologne on his neck was pungent and sweet.

"I missed you..." he whispered.

I gave a soft chuckle, "It's been ten years. How are you?"

Stepping backward, I got a good look at him. The last time I've seen him was when he moved away somewhere in France when he was fifteen. Christine wasn't that little boy I used to chase in our backyard. Not a child anymore yet he grew out of it.

"I'm great, Angie. Why are you wearing all of this?" he said, gesturing his hands to my outfit.

I scoffed, "Christine! Have you heard of the paparazzi? How are you not in disguise?"

From behind, he revealed his sunglasses and white flat cap to us.

"I'm perfectly fine, darling. Around this area, paparazzis' isn't present. But what was going on back there?"

Angelina was tinkering on her phone and taking pictures of her shoes as I turned around to see her.

"Oh, what did she do?"

"Fought with a Dylan girl..." I whispered.

He licked his lips, eyeing Angelina with a confused look.

"Over a shoe?" Christine asked. "Did fans find out?"

I nodded without saying a word. He sighed while rubbing the temple of his forehead.

"Angie, do you know why I came here after ten years?"

"What is it, Christine?"

"I've been invited to that party that will go on tonight. Your Mother said it was urgent?"

I sighed, "I don't know what is up with mum and her party ideas. We'll be having another one after our previous New Year one. This time, it is a secret. Usually, she will tell us such as campaigning over firms, finance, or fashion lines?"

"Hmm..." he said, "what if it's something different than the usual?"

"Who knows, Christine. I'd be marveled..."

He glances over to each corner since the road was silent. I even noticed that. No one was around London Park 101 street. On every space of the sidewalks, only the wind hit the trees aligned against it. The road was dotted with smaller vehicles parked near houses in white and pale brown.

"Where is Henry? I haven't seen the fellow man..."

"He's somewhere by that café talking to his fellow butlers. I'm afraid of stepping into the house, facing mum's wrath. Honestly, I don't know how I'll explain myself for the news that might've leaked already..."

"Angie..." he touched my right shoulder, squeezing it. "This is not your fault. Angelina would have to own up to her actions, eventually. Not you, remember that."

I nodded and leaned on his shoulder.

"Thanks, I needed that..."