Chapter 19: The Future Is In My Hands Now {Angie}

18th February, 2012 (Friday)

Time: 9 AM

"Dear Diary, we weren't always like this. We were a family before yet I guess greed got into Mum's head so much that we stopped being one. My father not saying anything at all speaks a lot about his character. Yet I don't understand why everything has to come to money. I want a day without my own mother nagging about our loss of wealth when we probably secretly have more in our vault."

Today is the day I go live in London with Christine. His family was supposed to visit this week and somehow are stuck in busy schedules. At least, it's good to save time from immediate stressors. It's been ten years and I don't know how else to react than putting on a fake smile for all to see, including the fact that Christine and I do not love each other romantically.

Why can't Mum get it through to her head? This arranged marriage will not work for the sake of the family. It isn't in the eighteen hundreds when commoners had to marry off to royal families and we do not have that type of power like the Queen of England.

I can truly understand my parents doing this in the olden days except this is the twenty-first century. And I cannot stress this enough!

Why do we have to go back to the old ways of doing things? Marry off when more and more people are getting married of their free will? I would instead love a man to marry him than marry someone I do not see a future with as a romantic partner. Christine's not even the type of man I want to be with. He usually likes having as many girlfriends as usual and being the fun of the party.

*****

I was in my dressing room pondering makeup on every inch of my face. In addition, I was already wearing a white short business suit with a skirt underneath. Christine walked in, closing the door behind him. I saw his reflection in my mirror. He gazed at me with worried eyes. Christine grasped my shoulders and said, "We must make them believe we're in love. If you hate the thought of me kissing you, it's all business right love?"

"Yes," I seemingly nodded. He smiled and left the room. Christine sounded like he was in a bit of a rush. His tense emotions lead to fright and worry. My heart pounded and I touched my chest to relieve my breath.

A person popped swung my door and saw one of the cameramen having a black ear monitor on his ear. He said, "Are you ready Ms. Anderson?"

I quickly sprayed a Chanel perfume over my neck. "Ready!"

And I step out of the room led by big men who are the security guards. As I went through the red curtains backstage, I saw a broad view of a host talking to the audience in the open doorway. I've heard their laughs echoing in. Christine came right beside me. He grinned as he took my hand.

The female host raised her hand to present us to the people of England. We walked forward with the light flashing through my eyes. I glanced at the rectangle-shaped wall covered in light blue with white and black furniture everywhere. In yellow-bold words, "THE KALLOWAY SHOW!"

The middle-aged blonde woman with a bob cut extended her hands to me. Christine smiled at the camera with those big teeth and I nodded my head with a small grin. Ms. Kalloway embraced me as soon as I entered her presence. We sat down immediately with the applause dying down.

"Good morning London and all of England! We introduce you today to the engaged couple, Angie Anderson and Calvin Christine!" Kalloway's laugh jiggled like a ball. Everyone made another scream with their voices cheering us on. I wanted to die right now.