01

I felt her sighed for a thousand times that day.

"You're what again?" I asked my sister who's pacing back and forth on our living room.

"I'm gonna be fucking engaged, oh god. This must be a nightmare" she fans herself as she bit her nails once again.

"I mean you're old now, and there's no problem with it sis" I cheered her up a little bit since she's been panicking too much ever since she got this news.

"W-well yes," she touched her hair repeatedly and took a deep breathe, a sign that she's stressed about it.

"But you know... I-I have uhm I ah it's just shocking you know?" I squinted my eyes at her.

"Why sis? You don't have a boyfriend! You're graduating too, perfectly settled for the future!" I encouraged her once more. I think she's hiding something from me. For god's sake I was with her ever since she knew how to eat with spoons. She cant just hide anything from me. Unlike me, though.

"Well I may not have a boyfriend but..." She strolled off contemplating to say something or not.

And so I was right she really is hiding something.

"Why sis, why is this engagement so much of a big deal to you when all those years ago you were the one asking for this? What changed?" or the better question should be who changed that?

"I have a girlfriend" She immediately covered her mouth as soon as she said it.

I thought every family only have one gay sibling... We'll probably broke that one as the story goes on.

My eyes widened in fraction, even my mouth formed an O shape. I stood up from the sofa I was sitting.
"YOU WHAT?"

"I'm lesbian, I have a girlfriend. I don't want to break her, seishu. I love her." She looked at me and smiled with teary eyes, so this is what coming out looks and feels like, okay noted.

I opened my arms for her to scooch in. I'm much taller than her now. "It's okay come here, akane." She bowed and wiped her tears before coming and wrapping her arms around me too.

"Be who you are, Akane. Wait, who's this lucky gal who made my sister gay?" I asked grinning.

She rolled her eyes. "You don't have to know" she smiled thinking of her. So damn whipped.

"I'm actually not so fond of gay people so..." I jokingly pushed her away then plopped myself back to the couch.

"Fuck you" she responded laughing at me before she took her phone on the glass table in front of us.

"I should probably call her and explain this predicament, right?" She asked me fidgeting her phone.

I fished out my phone too when it suddenly rang. I bit the inside of my cheeks when I saw the caller ID.

"I think so. Go do it. Also, introduce me to her will ya?" I tiptoed my way out of the living room while asking her so she wouldn't notice my empty space in the sofa.

I answered the call. "Hmm? What's up?" I asked casually.

Deep breathes. "We have a fucking problem." I heard him curse again after that.

"Can you tell me anything about it, Koko?" I asked him, worried.

"Baby, I'm so sorry about this, I swear I'm gonna fix this. Wait we should talk this out." I can hear his voice laced with a very stressful tone.

"Okay, let's meet at the usual cafe? love you, see you okay? We're gonna solve this like we always do" I cheered him up a bit. We've been through a lot, no way this damned problem's gonna make us apart.