Chapter 5

Darks POV

I stare down at the small and adorable noivern resting beneath me. His eyes close and his lips part as he takes deep slow breaths. I hum softly, getting ready to sleep myself but i soon hear something whistle. Moving fast i rush to the window and catch an arrow before it can reach Echo. I then his as the arrows tip slices into my hand, drawing blood, but i throw it down, glad it never even managed to reach echo.

i close the windows and clean the wound, grateful that it was just a surface wound and nothing too serious.. i wrap it in gauze and make my way back to the bed were i soon collapse and pass out, my arm draped over Echo.

-the next day-

I had gotten up early to start training, my body moving quick as i all but destroy the punching back set out before me. I pause i feel a familiar presence coming from behind and turn to see one of oldest friends, Marchiavelli, a male meowstic whose psychic abilities are the best of the kings guard.

"Well well well if it isnt mister im better then everyone cause i get to protect the prince," He says in a playful tone

"oh very funny Marchiavelli. How did you even hear about that anyway." I say, glaring playfully at the smaller pokemon

"Im a psychic you idiot, how else am i gonna hear about it."

"Hmm fair point, fair point. so are you gonna share the news that im the princes personal guard with anyone else then."

"No, no im not. this is a secret between just you, me, the king and the prince. and i know the one person you wont want to hear about this. Storm, your brother, and captain of the guard," He whispers as storm walks in, his deep white body enough to blind anyone unlucky enough to look at him.

"you mean the high and mighty pain in my ass that tries to one up me every chance he gets," I grunt, changing into my armour and sheathing my sword to my side.

"what was that you filthy scum," a voice hisses in my ear. I spin around my blood chills as i come face to face with none other then storm. His deep blue eyes are toxic as they stare into mine, this meant to be an attempt to intimidate me

"nothing your highness. would you like a cup of tea your royal bitchiness," I growl, no longer scared of him at this point.

"Do you have a death wish or something Dark," He growls deeply

"No, maybe you do," I growl back at him.

He makes to his me before freezing. We all freeze, me especially as we all sense the presence of the royals. my eyes make their way to the front of the room and widen the minute they land on Echo. I glance at storm and my blood freezes again when i see the look of deep hunger building in my brothers eyes the minute he spots Echo. A bad feeling starts to bubble in me and all i can worry about is making sure Storm doesnt do anything to echo.