✦.⁺ misgivings.

═ ☆. THE NEXT DAY AFTER CLASSES, you took the opportunity to text Abbacchio's number to tell him about Scolippi. Despite Mista's misgivings, you wanted to know what Abbacchio had to say. It seemed like you had the same end goal, or at least like you were on the same side, whatever side that was.

YOU

And that's everything that happened.

ABBACCHIO

I figured as much.

Scolippi's Stand was probably a one-case scenario. From what I can tell, a Stand user suffers the same injuries their Stand does.

You wondered how injuries would work with your Stand. White Satin didn't have a humanoid appearance. If it suffered damage, what would happen to you? It would probably be difficult to damage it in the first place.

YOU

You said you'd give us information if we agreed to work with you.

ABBACCHIO

Two guys tried attacking you, right? Sale and Zucchine?

YOU

Zucchero.

How did you know that?

ABBACCHIO

Not important.

Those two are working for someone.

He's involved in all of this somehow. With how things lead back to him, he might be behind everything.

Your mind flashed back to the man in the trench coat you'd seen behind the pawnshop. Did he have some kind of ulterior motive for causing the bizarre events? You had a hard time imagining what he could get out of tormenting local civilians. Was he just a sadist?

YOU

Do you know who he is?

ABBACCHIO

That's what I'm trying to find out.

Sale let it slip that they're going to the harbour later this afternoon. Apparently, there's something they need to get in Capri.

I'd appreciate it if you came with me.

Your Stand could come in handy.

You wondered if Abbacchio had been able to get a glimpse of White Satin when you'd been hauling Mista up the side of the building. Or was he just like Giorno and Trish, obtaining information from God-knew-where?

YOU

You're kidding.

I barely know you.

You could toss me onto a boat, and they'd never find my body.

YOU

I wouldn't be asking you if that was what I was planning.

Forget I said that.

Ask your friend who was at the apartment to come with you then.

You made a face at your screen even though Abbacchio couldn't see you. Domineering, much? If you hadn't been so curious about the man Zucchero and Sale were working for, you'd have cut off this conversation a while ago.

Nonetheless, you pulled up your list of contacts.

Mista answered his phone on the last ring. It sounded like he was someplace crowded, voices tumbling together in the background.