Entry 6: Naruto's love

Hinata woke up the next morning eyes sore from crying herself to sleep, she couldn't leave her bed either. She had no idea a broken heart could hurt this much, but it was only natural compared to the depths of her love for Naruto. But it was a pain she couldn't bare. She  ended up staying in her room for three days.
~
~
Naruto left around usual to go to the training grounds, but ran into sakura on his way there.

"Hey Naruto where you Heading off to?"

"Just the training grounds, I was gonna see if Hinata was there.

"Hinata huh?" Sakura said smiling. "You guys have been spending a lot of time together haven't you? I didn't know that you guys saw the fireworks together, so that's why you left that day huh?" said Sakura.

"Well yea, Sorry sakura it's just that-"

"You wanted to be alone with Hinata didn't you?" Sakura said interrupting him. Naruto didn't say anything in response, he just nodded with a blush on his face. "I even seen the necklace you gave to her, it matches so well with her eyes"

"Yea wasn't it pretty? I thought the same thing when I saw it" Sakuras eyes lit up as she watched Naruto go on and on. "I couldn't wait to see what it looked like on her, way better than that dumb prize Kiba got her! Stupid bear." Naruto said with a scowl.

"Yea you couldn't help but brag about it at the dinner table, according to choji"

"I had to! Kiba was urking my nerves! Then he got all riled up, guess I took it too far" Naruto said scratching his head, "he would've went completely ballistic if I told em we kissed".

"EHHHH!?" Sakura exclaimed, her eyes bigger than bowling balls.

"yea.." Naruto said while blushing. Sakura looked up at him and put her hands behind her back swaying side to side.

"You know what I think Naruto? I think you love her".

Naruto didn't say anything, for a moment he just thought of her face, then thought of when he held her in his arms, how his heart swells when he's around her, how he loves to make her blush, the sound of her laugh, the sweet smell of her hair, her kindness. Everything about her he was in love with, it made so much sense now.

"Your right Sakura" Naruto said happily. "Well see ya!" Naruto said as he ran off smiling from ear to ear, wanting to see Hinata more than when he first woke up. But when Naruto arrived at the training compound she wasn't there.
~
~
~
Hinata was sleeping in bed until a ferocious wind woke her from her sleep. She got up to close the window but then looked at the moon illuminating the dark sky. She began to collect herself, wanting to make peace with her unrequited love. To clear her mind she set out to take a stroll, mindlessly her body lead her to the compound, where she saw naruto leaned on a stump in the distance. He had been waiting for her all this time. He didn't leave for three days because he didn't want to miss the chance to see her, until she finally came.
-
-
Naruto's eyes glew as he met Hinatas, but she turned hers away. He walked up to her to close the distance, but before he could speak she pulled something out of her pocket.

"Hinata there's something I need to tell yo-." Naruto words were stunned as he seen the necklace swaying in the wind, held out by Hinatas arm.

"W-what is this? Don't be silly Hinata that necklace belongs to you" Naruto replied with his eyes shaking.

"I shouldn't wear this, not when your heart belongs to someone else, it doesn't belong to me, I shouldn't..." Hinata drops her head as a tear streams down her face, "wear it"

"That's not-"

"you don't have to try and make me feel better it's okay" Hinata said as she lifted her head as she shed another tear. Narutos eyes quivered at the sight of her in pain.

"Sakuras lucky to have you" she said shakingly while dropping the necklace in the grass, turning away from Naruto and headed home.

"Wait!" Narutos voice desperately said as he grabbed her hand. Hinata continued to look down at the ground, but couldn't tell her body to run away.

"Hinata" Naruto called out to her with every ounce of love he had in his heart. Hinata looked up and met his eyes, both of them unable to look away.

"Don't I get to say something?" said Naruto, Hinata nodded in response. Then she stepped directly in front of him as Naruto held her other hand.

"I never grew up in a loving home, or experienced love enough to know what it was. I thought I loved Sakura for a long time, but I was just attracted to her. I thought her personality made her incredibly strong, and that she was pretty, so I held on to that idea of love for as long as it made sense, but it never did, it never truly felt right. When I met my mom she told me about how she fell in love with my dad, and as much as their story moved me, it made me realize that my love for sakura wasn't real. And I haven't thought about her that way ever since, but it made me open my eyes to certain things around me. And you always felt right to me Hinata. Even when I thought you were weird for being shy I just didn't understand you, I didn't understand how it wasn't easy for you to talk to me, or why I felt so much comfort around you. And if I wasn't such a dummy I would've realized it sooner. I couldn't stand the way neji treated you and hurt  you, I even went crazy and swore to avenge you. You always had this kind of affect on me. Watching you fight helped me understand you a little bit more, it helped me recognize your true strength. When I was feeling down about fighting Neji you told me I was a proud failure, and that made me feel differently about myself, I stopped comparing myself to other people around me and just pushed forward, and seen my failures as a stepping stone. When pain attacked the village everything was already destroyed, I even found out that my sensei was dead, but none of that compared to seeing you almost die in front of me, protecting me, when nobody else would, and you told me you loved me. I never realized the feelings I had towards you, which grew further than admiration or the appreciation I had towards your kindness, until that moment when I thought I'd lose you all over again, just like with neji. I was doing so good at controlling the 9tails rage too, but you made me immediately rage straight to 5 tails because of my undiscovered love for you. I don't think you even realize what you do to me Hinata.  And honestly I never really thought that such a genuinely kind, strong, smart, and beautiful person could ever love me. But for whatever reason you did. And our love was even strong enough to bring the moment when you fought pain  back to me, I didn't forget any of it., even though I went totally crazy the strength of our love kept that memory close to my heart. And I know it's real, I feel it everytime I look at you, everytime I say your name or you blush and smile. I love you with every piece of me, I couldn't love anyone else the way you make me love. Every part of me needs you Hinata so please", a tear streamed down Narutos face. "Tell me you love me back" Naruto said with his voice breaking desperately, scared of the answer she would give him.

Hinata lifted her hand up to wipe narutos tear from his eye, then she slid her hand down and caressed his cheek, smiling endearly before answering.

"I do"

Naruto's world lit up around him and he held Hinatas hand against his face and smiled, bringing him back to the 4th great shinobi war. He took both of his hands and placed them under her ear, tucking her hair back before pulling her into a strong kiss. Fireflies started to light up around them. He stopped for a second and stood back to see her beautiful face,  then he gestured for her to look at her neck and to her suprise, her necklace sat right back were it was. Hinata held her hand to her chest and looked up smiling brightly.

"When did you?"

"I picked it up before it hit the ground" Naruto said smiling before tucking her hair back again.

"Love me forever okay?" He said before Hinata  smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I will. Forever" She said and kissed him before laying her head onto his chest. Naruto took his arm and held her by her waist as closely as possible. It was almost impossible to leave that moment, they wanted to stay there forever, but their love would live on longer, as long as they were alive.
~
~
Thankyou so much I hope you enjoyed💜 please share with your friends. I want naruto and Hinata to go on more dates so a few OVA's will be coming soon