Chapter 1 - Fifteen

"Boy, wake up. Care to open your eyes?"

A voice was waking Brean up. It seemed like a whisper in his ears.

"Five more minutes." Brean begged.

"Brean, wake up. What happened to you? My dear, please wake up! Son, please do wake up!"

"Mother?", Brean cried.

"Mother!" Brean woke up with tears running down from his face. "Boy, are you okay?". Another boy asked with his hands on Brean's shoulders shaking them. "Wait, stop it. I'm okay. Please, get off your hands." Brean said.

"Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you. Just helping you out here.", the boy explained. "You said you needed five more minutes to sleep but then suddenly tears showed up from your eyes. Was it one of your nightmares about dark sorcerers and monsters?", he teased.

"Well, yes. Laugh till you throw up your own intestines.", Brean said.

Oh boy, sorry if I teased you. You know, I'm just making up a good word. I'm Travis."

"And I want you to know that I'm really annoyed. Brean is my name."

A handshake was done and they sat down on bulging rocks facing each other. Brean noticed that the ground was fully covered with snow His eyes wandered from left and right front and back, everything was filled with snow. He started to wonder, his heart panicked a bit.

"Breanniboy, can we talk about things?", Travis asked.

"I think you should start asking now, I he a lot of questions to ask of you too.", Brean answered.

Travis took a deep breath with his arms folded around his body. The snow surrounding them obviously shows how cold their environment is.

"You know, I just got here also. Maybe twenty minutes or less wandered around before I saw you lying here. Yeah, and maybe I shouldn't be asking you these cause you just got here too. ", Travis explained.

"Yeah, and I think I can't even get any answers from you." Brean said.

Travis and Brean continued talking about their personal lives since they can't have answers about their present situation.

Travis is the youngest among his three siblings. When he was eight years old, his parents got into a car accident, his father had stitches in the head while her mother died. He can't remember any of his father's or siblings' names except his own name, not even his last name. He just aged fifteen on this day.

Brean is second among his four siblings. When his older sister, the eldest died at the age of five due to heart complications , he was then the eldest. His mother is a cake expert while his father is a martial arts instructor. He just also aged fifteen on this day.

"Hey! Did you just say you're also fifteen today?", Travis being surprised.

"Weird cause we were born on the same date, yes.", Brean said.

"Hey!'

Travis and Brean looked at the boy who just shouted. Surprised. The boy was not alone.

There were six of them.