Chapter 3 - His Last Name is Chermaunt

Brean was walking towards the lying body, trying to see its face.

"Shall we wake him up? Or else, he'll be frozen solid with this kind of weather.", Travis said.

Then Marcus approached to Brean's side, reached out his hands holding the unconscious boy's shoulders and started shaking them.

"Boy, wake up! Or else you'll be frozen.", Marcus said.

"Did you just repeat what I said, Marcus?", Travis exclaimed.

Brean, trying to block Travis' sight towards Marcus.

"What's wrong with it man?", Marcus rallied.

"Oh, come on guys!", Sigmund said yelled, not teasing.

Suddenly, a snowball landed to the boy's face, it woke him up.

"Uggh, that hurt. You should've thought of anything else but a snowball.", the new boy whispered in a broken voice.

All eyes on the boy, then towards Sigmund.

"Oh, it wasn't me.", Sigmund explained running towards Marcus' back.

"My boy, you're way better than that.", Xia sighed and facepalmed.

"Sorry for that, uuhhh...", Travis spoke looking through the new boy's eyes.

"It's Jiffyr. Jiffyr Chermaunt."

Everyone's attention towards Jiffyr.

"You remember your last name? You said Chermaunt right, Jiffyr?", Brean wondered.

"Yes, I do remember my last name. Not until I have been here a year ago.", Jiffyr explained.

And everyone's eyes dilated, but bigger this time.

"Hold on there...", Xia interrupted. "Did you just say that it's your second time being here?"

"This is ridiculous!", Marcus teased. "Do you even trust this man? He must be insane."

"Ridiculous as it is, but really I am. I was fifteen that time. And I'm sure everyone of you here are also fifteen, unless some of you are not.", Jiffyr triggered.

"So you are now *******?", Brean spoke but the last word didn't come out.

"Come again Brean?", Travis asked. "Wasn't sure about the last word."

"This is weird. I can't say the word *******. This is annoying.", Brean getting irritated.

"Fifteens won't be able to speak the word fifteen, for it is their age. And since I am not fifteen, I can speak so. Same with Brean.", Jiffyr explained.

Brean, holded up his hands.

"Wait, I'm confused now. All I know is that I'm still *******." Brean explained.

Then Brean remembered the day he spoke with Travis and Xia's pack.

"Hey!", Brean shouted.

Everyone synchronized facing Brean.

"I remembered Travis spoke the word fifteen as well as Xia, Noman and Sigmund.", Brean said.

Tara turned his sight to Xia's.

"I am clueless about this. Yeah, absolutely. I can say fifteen but not *******. Seventeen and so on. I'm not getting any of this anymore.", Xia explained.

"Can someone enlighten us? My brain's still out from my head, maybe hanging out with its friends.", Sigmund teased.

Xia rolled his eyes.

"This is nonsense.", Tony being irritated. "Is this some kind of a joke? I mean, why some are not *******, Uggh I can't even utter the word *******, that Jiffyr's made a comeback here, and this place covered with snow. Anyone hungry? Bet no one."

"Calm down everyone. What we need now is to find answers to our questions. So better, keep moving now. I believe that the answers are just around the corner.", Xia explained calming down the group.

"Got something to say, Jiffyr?", Marcus said.

"I fear that I don't have something to answer your questions but think I can help you getting out from here.", Jiffyr said.

"Now that's making sense.", Sigmund teased.

"So, how can it be done?", Brean excitedly asked.

"Hoping that this still works but there's nothing wrong with trying.", Jiffyr said. "And this was our great escape."