Chapter 5 The Finale Time You Think You'll Win

I start to drive to the police station. When I arrive I go in and walk to the desk "I would like to see Officer Mark, it's urgent" the person behind the counter presses a button and a few moments later Mark walks up to me "is everything okay?" I shake my head and break into tears. "he was such a good person and he tried to kill me...my own father tried to kill me" he hugs me and I cry into his chest. "he's alive and I want you to bring your co-workers to bring him down otherwise he'll kill me, you and my mother next so please trust me on this" he nods and brings me to a big room with other police officers as I explain the plan, after the meeting everyone starts going to their cars and begins to drive to the location. Mark hands me a headpiece to speak with the officers, I smile and head to my bike and head to the location.

We get to the location everyone's in their spots "wait for me to say when to go even if you see anything stay still". I take a deep breath and go to the door and grab one of the people patrolling at the front of the door and put my hand over their mouth pulling them from the door. He goes to scream but a purple smoke comes from my hand and it knocks him out and I lay him onto the floor. I take a breath and a red smoke comes from my hands and I put it over the guy's head trying to put his memories back. "Please wake up and please work". The person wakes up and I stand up helping them up "you alright?". The guy looks up at me "thank you" I smile and press the button on my head piece "I've successfully put the memories of one of the people under his control now the plan begins''. I look at the guy "can you go back in there and try to lead the boss out of this building with just you ?" the guy nods "I've been hypnotised for years so he'll trust me" "good a cop will be out waiting for you" he nods and walks in after a few minutes he comes out with my dad. I sneak in behind them "now" I say to the cops they grab my dad. The other officers grab everyone else under his control. I stand up on a stool. Purple smoke comes from my hand and I knock out everyone under my fathers control. Red smoke comes from my hand and I stick my hand out moving the other around lifting both hands in the air and back down covering the victims in red smoke. They wake up looking quite pale. "call an ambulance to get everyone treated" one of the cops nods and calls them. I head out to where they have my father handcuffed. "You think this will stop me from killing?" "How many people are in there?" he snickers. ''Not all of them are here with all the cops so who's gonna stop me from getting two of my best men to kill the person who caused this problem?" my face drops "my mother?" he laughs.

Meanwhile

My mother locks everything in the house from windows to doors to locking herself in a room. She begins to hear a car pull up, they start busting down the door and eventually they got into the house. "We were sent to kill you from Hayden, your husband I do believe" they yell from downstairs "you can't hide forever". My mother begins to shake with fright; they start busting down more doors trying to find her.

Back to Freya

I feel rage as I run into Mark "he's got two men after my mother I need to go" "take this then" he hands me two pistol guns an AR-24 and a Bren 10. "Thank you" I run grabbing my helmet and drive as fast as I can to my house and when I get there, I get off my bike throwing my helmet on the floor and see the door is busted open and I walk in with the AR-24 in my hand and walk around the house quietly. I hear a door being busted open and a scream and I run upstairs "drop your weapons now!" I say pointing my gun at them as I cock the gun they put the weapons down and put there hands up leaving the room and I follow them downstairs and tell them to kneel as we get outside I press my earpiece "get a cop car to my house" I take a breath and purple smoke comes out of my hand, they pass out. Red smoke comes out my hand and I move my hand over both of their heads but change back to purple smoke to keep them knocked out. My mother comes out to me "you're doing the same thing as your father" I look at the floor "i'm doing it to take them out of what he did, do not compare me with him, I did just save you" "I'm sorry, forgive me". Her voice doesn't sound normal but I brush it off and the cop car arrives and the two men are put in there. Mark exits the car and says "tomorrow come to the station my boss would like to speak with you" I nod and he gets back in the car and drives off. I head into the house with my mother and I notice she's extremely off so I decide to just try something "mom can I try something on you?" she nods. I take a breath and I stand up, yellow smoke comes out of my hands this time, my mother looks at me with a confused look. I push the smoke towards which it disappears into her body. She takes a breath and blinks a few times. "How did you know?" "I don't know, I felt dark magic and you seemed off so I trusted my gut" "thank god, his minions made me drink a potion he had created, I wanted to make a poison for you. I'm so sorry" she hugs me and I smile. "My protection spell must only have worked if you got hurt physically" "you put a protection spell on me" "just in case" she smiles. "I'm so happy to call you my daughter Freya".

The next morning I get up and get dressed and go straight to the police station and walk in. "I'm here to see the Sheriff" "he's upstairs to the left second door" I nod and head upstairs and knock on the door. "Come in" I heard from inside and I walk in" "to keep it short and sweet. I saw how you handled the situation yesterday and you caught a guy we've been after for years, he was right under our noses so to you I thank you, you have saved the future, lives and helped fix others, so for this action I would like to give you a place as an officer. Don't worry you can still go to college". I smile brightly "of course I want to come here" I stand up as does he and I shake his hand as he walks me to a room full of other officers and Mark "today you all have a new recruit, welcome Freya". They cheer and clap and I smile.

Now you've seen what I have gone through in my life and yes I got a second chance but I know now never take the first chance you get at life for granted you may never get another chance, now if you don't mind I've got some cases to crack.