chapter one

"need...more...coffee," louis groaned as he shoved back all papers on his desk and rubbed his eyes. 

louis had been working all night, a habit which he knows he should get over but why waste his day working when he could be laying in bed, eating nutella out of the jar? he knows it's bad, but can you blame him? and then as soon as the clock strikes eight, louis is immediately reminded of all his work and the night stretches on with louis groaning and working and drinking and whining. louis knows what kind of impression that leaves on people, but he basically has master's degree in procrastination and he got everything done so, really, nobody can complain.

uncovering his eyes, he picked up his phone. the clock showed it was 4:15 a.m. and these were the moments louis wished he had completed his work earlier so he could catch some sleep. coffee mugs and cups were strewn everywhere, as were papers and notebooks and books. the laptop showed evidence of hours worth of research.

louis groaned and stretched. today was going to be one hell of a day. he has to give a chemistry test today and work on a project for history with eleanor. then he had work. the clothing store he worked in has an end-of-season sale with 50% sale on all items. louis already knew there would hardly be any space to walk in. it's not everyday you get a 'but daddy i love him' shirt for only half the price you would usually get it in. 

when you live alone with a family non-existent to you, this was the price you had to pay in order to lead a somewhat happy and normal life. louis tried not to think about these things. thinking about those atrocities is off limits. nope. nuh-uh.

louis looked at his reflection in the mirror. his hair was messy, dark shadows around his eyes and a sunken look to his face. in conclusion, if he went for a pleasant trip to visit his great aunt, she would probably die of a heart attack thinking he was the devil himself.

fuck it. 

you've got to accept the way you look. you can't do anything if you look like shit or you're absolutely gorgeous. you're just made the way you are. besides, what's the point of scrutinizing over another body when you're made to spend your whole life with the current one. 'embrace it' was what louis lives by and god knows it's been working pretty good for him so far.

with a sigh, louis got up and headed to the kitchen for yet another cup of coffee. as louis poured himself some of the black liquid, he wondered if there was such a thing as coffee poisoning. there probably wasn't. he felt perfectly fine except for the fact that it 4 in the morning and that he probably looked like frankestein's bride.

and besides, everything was better with a little bit of coffee.

a/n: buckle up, folks. your bff is back in town, more motivated and determined to write this book than she ever has been

fight those demons, i know u can 

all the love, tay x