chapter four

louis' day was going surprisingly well. he'd taken eleanor's advice and had actually slept through the night, having had completed all his work during the day. 

a series of knocks carried louis to the front door, only to find her - eleanor - standing in front of him with a giddiness that reminded him of his baby sisters. louis painfully shrugged that thought away.

"calder," louis said wearily, "welcome to my humble abode."

eleanor shoved past him and sank into his worn down armchair with a look of barely contained excitement.

"i have news," she announced with a flourish. if she wanted a reaction, louis wasn't about to give one. 

"and you couldn't have called because-?" 

"because this is not the sort of stuff you discuss on calls. i want to see your reaction. live action."

"el-"

"so. y'know my friend jenna, right? she's part of the student council and all the fancy shit. she knows all about the transfers and new kids and, louis, we're getting the finest piece of man meat in town."

"eleanor," louis said, annoyed, "you sound like a perv."

"but look," she pouted and showed louis her phone. looking into her screen, louis choked on air and nearly dropped his cup of coffee.

louis was staring into the face of the boy he'd spilled coffee all over on. his curly brown hair reached past his ears, his emerald eyes betrayed no emotion as they stared mercilessly into the camera, his features were schooled into an annoying blankness. louis felt suddenly exposed in a way he couldn't explain. 

"do you know him," eleanor demanded and louis knew better than to shrug the answer off. 

"yeah," he sighed, "i suppose i do."

louis launched into a detailed explanation of everything that happened that day from the spill to their conversation to the boy's looks. when louis was done, eleanor burst out laughing.

"well," she wheezed, "i guess we've found you a husband."

louis choked on air for the second time in half an hour. 

"what is it with everyone thinking we're going to get married?" louis pondered out loud.

"i just know it. i feel it in my bones. i can picture it: you walking down the aisle, him looking like an actual prince charming, i'll be throwing flowers, niall's gonna be feasting on the wedding cake before ya'll even cut it. it's gonna be fucking awesome."

"yes i'm sure it will," louis said irritably. "right now, i really need to get to work."

"too bad," eleanor shook her head, "i'm not telling you his name."

louis was shrugging on his jacket but at that, he had to stop. he had to admit, the curiosity of knowing that jack-frost-looking-twat's name was tempting. 

"well," eleanor smirked, "get going then. don't want you getting late."

"el don't be a shit," louis said, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"harry. harry styles."

a/n: grab your popcorn little fellas 

i could cook an egg on u 😍

sry for the short chap tho :(

all the love, tay x