Chapter four

((Hi I have to apologize for something, some terrible people made me write something I did not want to write for this chapter. it's fine now, I've deleted that, but thanks.))

I walked down the stairs, seeing Denmark cooking bacon.
"Oh, I love bacon!" I commented excitedly.
He turned and smiled. "I know! That's why the king of all Europe made it!"
He dumped the bacon on two plates and handed one to me.
I ate while standing, tearing up the delicious meat. Denmark came over and sat on the counter top, setting his plate down to lift me up as well.
I crossed my legs and continued eating, but he didn't eat, instead just staring at me as I ate. I was used to this sort of thing because Denmark was "interested in my habits". I leaned against him and he kissed the top of my head, causing me to swat at him in defense.
"So, Greenland..." he started.
"I was wondering if you'd like to do something today."
I looked up. "Like what?"
"Oh.. I don't know, I just happened to get tickets to... (Insert favorite band here)!!"
I squealed in surprise. "I love them! Thank you so much Den!"

*random time skip*

Standing in the crowd was the most exhilarating thing I had ever felt. it was a standing crowd, so I was sitting on Den's shoulders because I was too short too see anything. After the third song, they faded into a slow melody that wasn't really their style, but still sounded amazing.
Denmark put me down and bowed playfully. "Would you like to dance, my lady?"
I smiled and held out my hand. "my pleasure, sir."
We locked hands and slow danced, though since it was so crowded we ended up just swaying to each other.
After the song ended, he pulled back from me.
"G-Greenland?" He said nervously. "I- I love you, you know that?"

I stared at him, trying to be emotionless. My heart was beating fast. I love you, you know that?
I love you
Love.
I was alarmed, caught off guard. Love? Really?
I couldn't move.
"Don't say that." I said plainly. "just don't. Take it back. Don't mean it. say you were joking."
He stared at me. "What? This is the part where you say I love you too."
I couldn't speak. without being able to control my actions, I turned away from him.
"I can't."
"Why not? It's not that hard, just sa-"
"I TOLD YOU I can't." I almost yelled. "goodbye Den." I walked away, ignoring the fact that he was trying to follow me. I got lost in the crowd and eventually found my way out, leading into an alleyway. Seeing as I had nowhere else to go, I decided to risk it. starting down the alleyway, I walked down into the haze and smell of cigarettes.
A man ran into me. he stared for a second. "Vanya?"
"I- yes, that's me, why?" You asked cautiously. "because my boss is looking for you." the man sneered at me, and I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. Groaning, I blacked out.