Thirteen; Fate

"Remember when you taught me fate? Said it'd all be worth a wait."

It's yet another typical day where Beomgyu tries to stand up for himself, 

"God, look at Aunt-Jiya! Does she ever force Taehyun to do these shit?! Please, why don't you get me?! I just don't like it." Beomgyu says, Gripping a fistful of his hair in frustration. 

"Beomgyu. Sit down, Eomma wants to tell you something." Beomgyu's mom was oddly calm, she patted the empty space next to her and Beomgyu sat. 

"What's it?" 

"I love you, Beomgyu. You know it right? As a mom, I'm so disappointed in myself, I never really stood by you, I was always busy and you know why?" 

Beomgyu stayed quiet, letting his mom speak, 

"I was busy with this Business. Me and your dad worked every day, for hours and hours for this. Don't misunderstand me, I just hate seeing these fade away just because it takes away your freedom." 

"But, Eomma, Why not Ryujin? Why me?" 

"Baby, Ryujin is one of a kind. She'll never handle this, she's wild, free spirited and simply doesn't even have time for herself. How can I put on such a big responsibility on her shoulders?" 

"Right... Well, All I'm asking for you is to wait. Wait till I'm done with my stuff, wait till I genuinely want it. Please?" 

"W-well... I mean... You have time until me and your father die—" 

"Hey!! Why would you say such things?!" Beomgyu cuts his mom in, and scoots closer to hug him tightly. 

"I love you, no matter what, Baby, I hope you know. And I know I'm selfish but-" 

"I... Love you too, Eomma." Beomgyu sighed heavily before smiling at his mom. 

He feels somewhat relieved. One of his hundred problems are settled. Not settled but at least he talked to his mom. He thought.

★★★

"Do you get him?! Why would he kiss me... And... What do I do??" Taehyun asks Kai who's been sitting like a statue for a few minutes, 

"I don't know why he did that but... Why would it bother you, Tyun? I mean... You make out with people almost every day and I dont see why you should be bothered—" 

"He's different." 

"Whut difference?" Kai asked mockingly, 

"I... Don't know. He... He used to be my best friend according to him..." Taehyun pouts, 

"Maybe it was a mistake." Taehyun mumbled to himself and Kai couldn't catch up, 

"Whaat?" Honestly, Taehyun didn't know what he was saying. Nor did he expect Kai to get him so fast.

"Nothing." Taehyun's eyes twitched when a certain boy was walking towards the cafeteria. He turned around to yeet out, 

"Taehyun-ah!!" Beomgyu called out and quickly walked to the smaller who froze in his position. 

"Ah, Hey, H-hyung!! What's up..." Taehyun mustered up courage to talk to Beomgyu, turning to him with a nervous smile,

"Where were you heading to?" 

"Uhm.. I-I- Kai! I was gonna go to the... Kai?? Kai shall we go?? K-kai...?" Taehyun looked over Beomgyu's shoulder only to spot an empty seat. 

"Where did he g—"