Chapter 29: Chaos

Noah ♠️

Leaving the hospital, I had an eerie feeling that Claudia was hiding something from me about her pregnancy.

Was the baby legitimately mine?

I would think so based on the DNA test.

However, something in the back of my mind was screaming to me that something was wrong.

In my mind, I couldn't reconcile the fact that I never received my own results that I requested from the clinic.

On top of that, Claudia was acting really strange lately. Instead of being her usually upbeat, overly sexual self, she was all of a sudden riddled with anxiety? To the point of being hospitalized?

I wasn't an idiot; Claudia wanted to tell me something tonight but couldn't because of her overbearing sister.

By the time Claudia gave birth, I planned on making sure I had all of the facts because something wasn't adding up.

I shook my head as I pulled into my driveway, my mind still fully consumed by this dilemma I was having with Claudia.

That is, until I stepped foot out of my car and heard Alicia's desperate cry.

"Noah!"

My heart immediately sunk as I snapped my head up to find her.

My eyes landed on the most chilling scene I'd ever witnessed!

Instantly, all thoughts of Claudia were pushed to the back of my mind as I watched Alicia fight desperately to get away from her assailant.

At the same time, my front door opened and out came Lily and Khloe, obviously about to go on Lilly's nightly walk.

But the moment Lilly stepped foot outside, I could tell she knew something was wrong.
Her pale blue eyes darted towards the vehicle and narrowed in on the man abducting Alicia.

Lilly was well-trained so it was unusual that she would begin to pull against her leash and howl towards the moon as if she were in pain

It was ironic, although Alicia was frightened of Lilly, my stubborn husky adored the shit out if her.

Within seconds, I knew Khloe realized the waves of panic resonating off of both me and Lilly as her eyes latched onto our glare and followed it towards the vehicle that held Alicia.

Without much time to spare, I clenched my jaw.

"Unleash her!" My words were harsh as I watched the criminal slam his back door after settling Alicia inside.