A Small Tour

[Has been beta read! Thank you @Mantiswing18 ]

They walked into a room full of all sorts of gadgets and a testing booth for games. Nya didn't even try to keep the kids from scattering. The safety measure that this tower has should stop them from causing any sort of expensive damage.

"Ms. Smith! Come over here!" One of the girls called out. She sighed and prepared herself to pay for something broken. She was greeted with the girls forming a small circle around a machine. It was one of those stupid love meter machine you'd find at carnivals.

"Oh no. Absolutely not." If she didn't have an option to add a third person, she wasn't gonna do it. Besides, those things never actually worked.

"You scared?" One of the students teased her.

"No Stacy. I just think love meters are stupid."

"Oh come on! Maybe it'll help you decide!"

"I said no Stacy. I just don't feel like being in a relationship right now. Sometimes things just have a third option, yknow?"

"Sounds like you're indecisive."

"Do not make me call your dads again for inappropriate comments." Stacy hung her head and apologized.

"They're both the same percentage!" One of the girls said, irritated. "That's no fun!" Nya hadn't even paid attention to the group and she noticed that they had already put her name into the machine with Jay and Cole.

"Hey! I didn't even touch the machine–!?"

"You don't need to. We just scrolled through names and found your profile. You scored a 87 with Mr. Walker and Mr. B."

"Again, no fun in that." Another girl complained.

"Stop it, take my name off of there or I'll call all of your parents!" The girls quickly scrambled to delete everything off the screen. Nya sighed and rubbed her eyes in frustration.

We're not a stupid math equation for people to solve!

PIXAL walked over to her and she leaned over her shoulder.

"If anything is damaged, do not worry. These are merely prototypes of projects that are yet to be released to the public."

"No, nothing is damaged. It's just...kids being kids."
"Frustrating?"

"Yeah, I didn't exactly want to be a teacher but eh, what can I do?" PIXAL began quietly whirring and then she blinked.

"Quit?" She suggested. Nya laughed.

"Ha! I wish it were that easy, I'm basically being held hostage."

"Should I call for help?"

"Wait no! It was a joke! Don't call anyone."

"I do not see what is so humorous about a hostage situation."

"Eh, don't worry about it." PIXAL stared at all the children running around and testing out everything they could get their hands on. Nya felt awkward standing next to her and just as she was going to walk away, PIXAL turns to look at her.

"Are you truly indecisive about choosing a romantic partner?" She said, tilting her head. Nya froze for a bit.

"Pardon?"

"I overheard the conversation you had with the students. I was simply curious."

"Oh, uh. I mean not really, I just don't want to be in a relationship right now."
"Understandable." she said, looking back at the children. Nya furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Why was a security bot asking her such a personal question? Was it for the press? From the press? Was her answer going to be put on some weird profile?

"Why do you ask? Is it like some security measure I haven't heard of?" PIXAL frowned. She seemed almost...offended? She sighed. A robot can sigh??
"Not everything I do is a command or some sort of security measure. I have free will and a conscience like you do. I can breathe, eat, and sleep although it is not necessary for me. I also have feelings and they can be hurt. I'm simply curious. Not stupid or mindless. I have my own thoughts and opinions too, you know." She had completely dropped her monotone way of speaking and sounded irritated. Nya stiffened.

"Oh...well I'm sorry." There was a slight moment of silence between them. PIXAL looked to the side.

"Apology accepted. I did not mean to get personal with you. It's just too much of a common occurrence that I get irritated by humans."

"I mean, humans can be annoying. I'm a human and I find others annoying and unbearable. That's completely normal." PIXAL seemed to lighten up at that revelation.

"I only wish to be able to see and talk to humans, like how we are, more often."

"Well then, maybe you should. I'm sure people would be willing to talk to you."

"I cannot leave the building. I do not want to risk angering Mr. Borg." Her monotone voice came back.

"If you say so." "Shall we move on to the next part of the tour?"