1. winnie

*alarm sounds*

Winnie reached out to hit the snooze button but missed and fell out of bed

"Ah shit" he exclaimed under his breath

Winnie stood up and walked over to the mirror in his bathroom. He stares at himself for a second and slightly slaps his cheek to wake up. He starts the shower.

After getting ready for work he sits down at his desk eating toast and smoking a cigarette just dazing off while watching people leave their homes and giving their husbands and wives a kiss goodbye. Winnie smiled at the sight and looked over at his clock. He sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes; it was 8 o'clock.

Winnie shoved the rest of his toast in his mouth almost choking. He grabbed his work shoes and backpack and left out the door. Luckily the bus stop was right in front of his apartment. Winnie sat waiting for the bus as the cherry tree petals trickled down from the slight breeze.

The bus finally arrived and he quickly hopped on and took his seat. When the bus finally arrived at his job he got off quickly tripping down the stairs. Winnie worked at a small convenience store in town. When he walked in he spotted his manager and immediately hid behind the chips. he snuck behind and ran to the back. Winnie signed his name in and the time he was supposed to be there on the clock-in sheet and hoped anyone wouldn't notice he wasn't there. His manager walked into the back room and no one was there.
"Does anyone know where Winnie is?"

*toilet flushes* and Winnie walks out

"Sorry sir I was in the bathroom"

"Hmm ok get back to work we have a lot of customers coming in"

"Yes sir"

*manager walks away*

Winnie smirked and giggled at the fact that his manager didn't notice he was lying. Winnie continued over to the front counter and sat on his stool. He hated his job and interacting with the customers, and everything that came with it. After high school, he didn't talk to any of the people he used to and lived alone in his small apartment after he was kicked out at fourteen when he was caught kissing a boy. So every day is a repeating cycle, he wakes up goes to work around 7 am, and leaves work around 4 pm, and by that time the street lights were on and he would be switching shifts with the person who had the night shift.

While watching the customers come in and out the day passes by more and more. No one was in the store and Winnie sat at his stool trying to keep his head up so he wouldn't fall asleep but the soft convenience store music wasn't helpful. His eyes slowly closed and he fell into a quick deep sleep.

*store door bells jingle*

Winnie didn't wake to the sound. But suddenly he felt a tap on his head. His eyes slowly opened and he turned his head to the person who had woken him.

"What the hell?" Winnie yawned

the guy was standing in front of the counter looking down at him. Then a deep voice spoke out

"Tired?"

Winnie was taken back by the deepness of the man's voice. "Who are you?"

"sleeping on the job isn't so professional"

Winnie scoffed and said "yeah well waking someone up from a good nap isn't so nice either"