Chapter Two: Special Agent Ryan

Cause of Love & Death

Chapter Two: Special Agent Ryan

A/N: Sup, kay bye.

______

~At The Beach~

Felix opened the car's door, stepping out of the truck, and onto the grainy sand. He took a quick glance around the beach and scoffed, "Chaotic as hell over here," he muttered.

Officers, Detectives, and groups of News Casts were scattered all around the beach. Police tape was spread around the crime scene.

The Swede lifted the tape, ducked underneath it, and walked into the confined area. He stalked over to the body, squatted down next to it, and examined it closely. He looked at the Mask that was placed on Marzia's face.

Felix jumped a bit as a voice behind him interrupted his thoughts, "It's plastered to her face,"

Forensic Technician Russ Money stood behind him.

"Was it placed on her before or after death?" He questioned, running a thumb down the mask.

"Don't know yet, trying to figure that out. Her death was different though. Look at her neck," Russ commanded.

Felix examined her neck, "No bruises, so no sign of strangling," he muttered, mainly to himself.

Russ nodded, "Indeed, but look right here," he pointed to a small wound that was on her neck.

"It looks like a needle did this. She was drugged, wasn't she?"

"Yes, we found the morphine in her body. It seemed to be injected with a syringe actually," Russ informed, glancing down at Marzia's lifeless corpse.

"Her clothes aren't torn, which means there shouldn't have been any sexual assault," a smooth voice added into the conversation.

Felix and Russ turned, a man holding a camera stood behind them. He snapped a photo of the corpse, then looked up at the two.

Felix gripped the back of his own neck, "Um, you're not allowed to be near the crime scene. Please get back," he said to the man.

The man smirked, crossing his arms, "Well, that'll make my job a bit harder, now won't it?" He pulled out a badge and flashed it in front of Felix.

Felix eyed the badge, narrowing his eyes, "FBI, hm? Special Agent Ryan... What about your last name?"

Ryan scoffed, "Don't use it, rarely do,"

Felix slowly nodded, turning back to the corpse. He took his phone out and dialed the Chief's number, "Chief? The FBI? Seriously?"

The Chief's voice came through the phone's speakers, "They already sent someone? I..." She sighed and continued, "Yes Kjellburg, you're also working with the agent they sent, whether you like it or not,"

Felix groaned in annoyance, his hand running through his hair, "But-"

"No but's Detective, oh and try not to bite," the Chief mocked.

Felix sighed and hung his head, "I'll try not too," He retorted sarcastically.

The line went dead, and he shoved the device back into his pocket.

Felix glanced over to Ryan, "So.. Looks like we're partners," he said in an irritated tone.

"Looks like,"

The blonde grinned, "Can I call you Ray-Ray~?" He teased.

Ryan scoffed, and stared at Felix, "No, but you can call me Special Agent Ryan,"

Felix's grin dropped, he shoved a hand into his pocket, "Seems like we're not going to get along, hm?"

Ryan nodded and snapped another photo of Marzia'a corpse. "Yeah, so... What should I call you, detective?"

Felix shrugged and responded, "Just call me Felix, or- if you want be formal and BORING, then call me Detective Kjellburg,"

Ryan scoffed and rolled his eyes, turning back to the corpse, "How do you think she died?"

Felix scanned the body again, "Well, she didn't drown, no strangling, no sexual assault either. All we know is that she was drugged,"

Ryan tapped his chin, "The mask is plastered on, correct?" He asked. Felix nodded in response. "What if she was suffocated when the mask was plastered on?" Ryan pointed out.

Russ appeared behind the two, "That would make sense..." He agreed, looking at the mask closely.

"So she was suffocated?" Felix asked to make sure.

Russ shrugged and straightened his glasses, "Maybe, it's out best guess though, I'll try to see if it's correct,"

"You heading back to the lab?" Felix asked without giving a glance to Russ.

Russ nodded and started towards the tape,"Yeah, see you guys later," he waved farewell and started towards his car.

Ryan and Felix were left alone, the two were still checking the corpse.

"Hey, Kjellburg, look at this," Ryan pointed to a print on Marzia's arm. It was a print of the Chinese Zodiac.

Felix's gaze moved to where Ryan was pointing, "Hm? Oh hey! I know where that's from! And from the looks of it, it was printed on only a day ago,"

"Oh really? Think we should check the place out?" Ryan asked, his gaze still on the print.

Felix stretched and nodded, "Yeah, it'll probably help us with the case, don't you think?"

"Mhm, let's go then," Ryan held onto his camera as he walked to his car.

Felix grabbed the back of Ryan's jacket. "Wait, shouldn't we take the same ride? Besides, do you even know where the place is?"

Ryan's cheeks flushed red, he glanced back at the Swede, "Oh.. Yeah I guess you're right," Ryan muttered.

Felix grinned, "Yeah, we'll just pick your car up later,"

"Hm.. Mkay," Ryan nodded and followed Felix to his truck.

Looks like a new partnership has began.

_______

A/N: new chapter! Just introducing Cry and Russ for this one, the next few is where the action's involved~

Mkay bro's thanks for readin'!

Peace! *brofist*

~G.M.