♾️sophiana p.1♾️

Keeper of the Lost Cities

"Is that my dress?" 

The blonde-haired girl standing awkwardly behind Biana's father had somehow managed to look better in that flaming, flowy dress than Biana ever had - and it made her curious.

Why was this girl wearing her dress? Was she an elf? What was her name?

And why was she so attractive?

"Sorry - you can have it back if you want . . . " The girl fumbled around to find the nearest door. Was she actually going to escape so she could remove it?

This girl was just . . . wow.

Biana fought to hide her giggle. "No, it's fine. You can keep it. It looks better on you anyway."

The girl blushed and went back to hiding behind Alden.

Fitz stared at her with an undistinguishable expression.

Alden cleared his throat. "Sophie, this is Biana. And Biana, this is Sophie."

Sophie. 

That was pretty name. Just like the girl, and her dress, and her adorable awkwardness.

"Nice to meet you," Biana said kindly, approaching the girl.

Their eyes briefly connected for about a second before Sophie glanced down again. "You too."

"I will need to explain to Sophie about some basic things," Alden said, glancing between them, "So please come with me to my office, Sophie."

Biana must have been blushing, because Alden raised an eyebrow at her before he left.

"Well, she seems nice," Della said to break the silence that had crept between them. "I have a feeling she'll stick around for a while."

Biana spun around to face her beautiful mother. For a second she wondered if Biana looked like her too . . . and definitely not because it had anything to do with Sophie.

Nope. Absolutely no way. Biana needed to push that girl's image out of her head.

Fitz smirked at his sister. "I'm just going to hail Keefe. Make sure he hasn't set the Foxfire pyramid on fire."

"Yeah?" Biana challenged. "That's all you're doing?"

Fitz slunk away.

Homophobia had never really been shown in the Vacker house, but Biana still, deep down, knew that her parents would never accept her if she told them who she and Fitz really were. 

Who they really loved.

She knew Fitz was gay when she was eleven and he was thirteen. She'd found him and his best friend, Keefe, kissing on the edge of a balcony. Well, she didn't know he was gay, but after pulling him into her bedroom once Keefe had hurried off in all his embarrassment, she gave him a thorough interrogation.

And from then on, Biana could tell that him and Keefe made an effort to be as discreet as possible when they went out together, or wanted to simply just lie on a couch and snuggle together. When Biana saw how dejected Fitz looked every day now, it brought tears to her eyes, and not happy ones.

The way he was being forced to hide things just because he had a boyfriend was plain cruel, and totally injust.

No-one should have to suffer through that.