Silence: Chapter 7

No Proofread

The drive to Ming's mansion was unbearably quiet. Ohm who had his eyes on the window, probably excited that he going to get his car back and Nanon who had his eyes on the road. Fingers furiously tapping on the steering wheel. Not long ago, Drake sent him an email. It's about one of the orphanages were burnt down suddenly and the kids in the orphanage didn't survived from the fire. Date stated around 3 years ago during Christmas. It said that it was an accident and since then the orphanages were secured tightly by Pung's people. Not everyone can enter the orphanages, only those with high prestige were allowed.

Earlier Ohm mentioned he had been to one of the orphanage and it was for charity event. When he asked Drake to look it up, there's only one event held and it was a recent one too. On last christmas, four months ago. Nanon could stop the car and start interviewing Ohm about the charity event he went to. What do he see there? If there is anything suspicious going on? Yet he didn't, knowing that the other guy's mood can ruin easily.

Nanon parked his car in front of the main door to the mansion and returned his key to one of the maid there. Meanwhile, Ohm already ran into the mansion looking for his dad. Nanon slipped his hands into the pockets and walked into the mansion. He took a really slow steps towards the room, giving Ohm time to talk to his dad. When he reached the room, he noticed the door was slightly opened and Ohm is arguing with his dad about something.

"I'm allowed to be anywhere on my own!" Ohm shouted loudly, banging his hands on the table.

Ming stood, pushing out the heavy chair until it dragged away on the vinyl floor.

"I asked Nanon to take care of you because I'm worried about your safety but you are too selfish to even care about my feelings!" Ming answered, angrily. Nanon could hear his breaths from miles away. Enraged. That's the right word.

"YOU ARE THE SELFISH ONE THAT NEVER CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS!" Ohm threw one of the chair to the wall until it broke in half.

Ming stunned, staring at his son who had the same furious level as he is. Nanon braced himself and entered the room politely. He don't want to disturb the two family member that arguing. He stood behind Ohm and just watched as the two taking their own breaths.

"Since when I don't care about you?" Ming asked, this time his voice softened as he just realised it.

Ohm widened his eyes, the fire still burning in his heart. He stepped closer and stare at his dad.

"Since mom passed. You never care to do the little things for me. Never come to father's day held at school, always away when it's my birthday, never come to my graduation! Since when did you care about me? You only care when it means business. I have to wake up everyday and hear the 'Where is your father? Don't he love his son?'. Everyday!" Ohm said, he choked on the last words. Tears flow heavily.

He took his car key on the wall next to his father's table and walk out of the room. Ohm don't even bothered to look at Nanon. When the room got quieter and Ohm has left the two men, began Nanon's turn to ask questions. Nanon stepped forward and pour the warm coffee into the cup.

"You should watch your words when it comes to your own son, master." Nanon said after a while.

Ming sat down, huffed tiredly.

"I failed to be a good father, am I?" Ming expressed.

Nanon stood straight, face cold as he look at Ming.

"Everyone failed to be their best, but never try to be their worst. Sometimes it takes forever to win someone's heart just like Ohm." Nanon replied.

Ming nodded, "It's true." He muttered underneath his breath. He sipped the warm coffee still rethinking the words he said to Ohm earlier.