And that's enough Percabeth

Percy's POV

Everything is perfect. 

Annabeth, my beautiful wife, is beside me. Our two perfect children are running underfoot. There is absolutely no way this day could get any better. Of course, I would never say any of that out loud. Monsters can sense demi-god positivity. 

Annabeth says I'm too superstitious. I say I'm only slightly-stitious (I CAN OFFICIALLY MAKE DAD JOKES NOW!!!!!!) But in all seriousness, how can she not be superstitious? We are literally the children of gods, who fight monsters for the gods sake! But fighting monsters is nothing compared to having children.

I call my mom at least once a week to apologize for all my adventures when I was a kid. And for all the stress I caused her. I am utterly petrified by the thought of my sweet Atalanta and Arthur going on adventures like Annabeth, and I did.

But that's not what today is about. Today is about fulfilling the wish of my sixteen-year-old self. You see, back when Juno, Hera, whatever you want to call her, kidnaped and brainwashed me, I came to camp Jupiter. You can read the whole story in the sixth volume of my autobiography, son of Neptune. When I arrived at camp, I was given a tour, and I saw a beach where families were playing. I only remembered Annabeth's name and that I loved her, and all I could think while looking at those families was, "Maybe that will be us someday, with our family." So, here we are, with our caramel-haired boy and raven-haired girl. 

There will be a day when I have to let them fight their own battles, but today is a happy day, and that's enough. 

(I know that it is pretty common for people to have Annabeth and Percy name their children after their deceased loved ones, but I don't believe they would do that. They would want their children to grow up free to be their own people, without another person's name hanging over their heads. Percy and Annabeth would have wanted to honor their dearly departed, but they would never have given their kids names that were already attached to another. Knowing the two of them, their children would have huge, individual personalities that deserve unique names.)