𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐈'𝐌 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓

Feeling someone poking his cheek, Jace Knoxville opened his eyes to see the bright, big ones that belonged to none other than Olive Hoover — the younger sister to his best friend Dwayne

Feeling someone poking his cheek, Jace Knoxville opened his eyes to see the bright, big ones that belonged to none other than Olive Hoover — the younger sister to his best friend Dwayne. Jace saw her as his own sister and smiled at her when she leaned down to whisper in his ear, "My mom told me to come wake you guys up but, I didn't try to with Dwayne cause I don't wanna get him mad cause he likes to sleep in and be...away..from us." Jace could sense the sadness in her tone with her last statement but he tried to look past it, instead he patted her gently on the shoulder before sitting up in the pull out bed he slept on that Dwayne owned.

It was always very convenient for sleepovers.

"I'll wake him up so you don't have to, okay?" Jace prompted and Olive nodded, "Okay." Was her answer and she walked out of the room. Now, Jace usually woke up after Dwayne — the now chosen-mute always was up first in his bed, reading his Nietzsche before either waking Jace up or waiting for him to do it on his own. Looking at his watch, Jace saw that it was 10:03. Sure it wasn't that early but Jace hated waking up anytime of day.

He was always tired.

Huffing, the long haired boy walked over to his friends bed before speaking, "Wake up."

No answer.

"Wake up, dickhead."

No answer.

Clearing his throat, Jace leaned down so he was face to face with Dwayne. He took a deep breath before yelling.

"WAKE UP DWAYNE! THERE'S A FIRE! OH MY GOD! WE'RE GONNA DIE!"

Now that finally got him up.

Eyes wide, hair disheveled, Dwayne looked around in horror before seeing his best friend laughing his ass off on the ground. Grabbing his notepad and a marker, Dwayne quickly wrote out a note before throwing the whole notepad at Jace.

Looking at the message made Jace laugh even harder.

"You're such a dumbass and you're
not funny, I am now deaf."

Handing back the notepad, Jace wiped away his tears, "Oh don't be so dramatic, it's better than if your mom woke you up," he stood up, "in fact, I woke you up in the first place cause your mom sent Olive in here to wake us up but your sister let me have the pleasure of doing so with you." He gave him a grin, of which Dwayne did not return.

Rolling his eyes, Jace grabbed clothes out of his bag before speaking again, "Fine you party pooper, get up and get dressed."

——

The two friends hung out in Dwayne's room when they were dressed for the day — Dwayne wearing a t-shirt and pants as well as his Converse while Jace wore his crop top and jeans, but he covered himself up with a blanket as Dwayne always liked having his room be cold. The two sat in silence.

There was nothing to talk about really.

And they couldn't even talk if they wanted to.

Dwayne and his stupid vow of silence.

Jace grabbed his bag and looked through it before coming across his old sketchbook from when he was ten. Pulling it out, he scanned through the pages and to be honest, they were...okay. Some were good while others weren't — he still had his artistic ability, sure, but he wasn't focused on that.

He was focused on being a rockstar.

Tossing the sketchbook back into his bag, he looked at his watch. It was now 10:30. He looked at Dwayne, "You hungry?" Without looking away from his book, Dwayne shook his head. "Okay, I'm gonna go raid your pantry." Jace said with a smile as Dwayne gave him a thumbs up. Jace got up with a grunt as he was sitting on the floor before he walked out in the hallway that lead to the dining room and kitchen.

Walking to the pantry — Jace wondered where Olive was but then he heard the music coming from the living room and he realized she was practicing her routine for some beauty pageant she talked about. Grabbing three packs of gummies, a bag of gold fish, along with a capri sun — Jace made his way back into Dwayne's room.

——

Ten minutes went by and Jace had finished with his snacks.

He looked at Dwayne, "I'm bored." Dwayne looked at him before shrugging. "What does that mean?" Jace asked with a raised brow causing Dwayne to shrug again.

Jace groaned, "You know what? I hope something interesting happens today that causes you to just hate everything more than you already do." He scratched at his pale arms, "Let's hope it's to the beach cause my parents want me to look alive again."

——