Abduction?

Today started off like any other day. I sat at the edge of a pavement, nibbling on a piece of bread that I found on top of a rubbish heap. The only thing I was looking forward to today, was the night, so I could go back to sleep. I didn't care about where I was going to sleep, because sleep was the one thing that took me away from my painful reality.

I sat, watching the cars speed by, waiting for the day to pass.

 I wished I could sleep during the day as well, but usually, the honking cars and noisy people always wake me up.

I waited for a little while longer, before deciding to go for a walk. I got up, preparing myself for a long walk, when suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. Not the normal kind of footsteps, these footsteps were loud, and they kind of made me feel uneasy, like they wanted me to notice that I was being followed. 

Made me feel stupid, when I realize I was talking about footsteps.

I worked out the math. There was a 50% chance I would have no consequences if I turned around. There was 50% chance I would have to pay a penalty for doing so. Man, was I smart.

Slowly, silently pleading the fates to have no consequences, I turned around. As we all know, usually, the Fates were never on my side. This instance was no different. 

As soon as I turned, the owners of the footsteps seized me by my shoulders and shoved me into something that felt surprisingly itchy. 

It was really dark and I couldn't see a thing. I shifted in the small space I had, my elbows grazing against the rough surface of whatever held me. 

Carefully, so I wouldn't rub against whatever held me, more than I should have, I started poking my container. Because I was smart like that.

Funnily enough, this gave me the idea of what held me. At the beginning, poking got me nowhere, unless 'more uncomfortable' counts;  Later though, I felt my forefinger slip through the container.

Soon as it did, I knew that my container was a sack, woven out of ropes. How did I know that? As soon as my forefinger slipped through the sack, a ray of light was emitted into the dark sack, thus leading to me being able to see.

Slowly, I started poking my finger at the bottom of the sack, bent on fraying the rope so I would fall down. Even if the ropes did fray, and I did manage to fall, I had to be able to get away from my abductors. 

I decided that I could think of what to do later, because at the moment, I was falling out of my senses and feeling more uncomfortable than ever.

I poked, and poked, and poked, wearing out one rope after another. I stopped suddenly, feeling myself being heaved onto a vehicle. My heart dropped, as I realized that I was too late. 

I couldn't get out of a moving vehicle. I decided to get out of the sack once and for all, and wait till the car stops. 

Once that happened, I could either run away, or stay and get their explanation, if they didn't kill me before that.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there.

Just wanted to say that this chapter is short since it's the first in this story. Hopefully, the other's will be longer and more enjoyable.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. 

Don't hesitate to vote, like and follow! 

xx, Dahliah :)