The better part of my life (Prologue)

'Hi. My name is Nico. Just nico. I'm an orphan.' This is how I usually introduce myself. People think it's weird but, whatever. Usually, when I introduce myself like that, it sort of signifies the end of a conversation (that's hardly begun), which is exactly what I want. If they ask for my surname, it would eventually lead to the story of how my parents died and I would hate it.

I have only one friend- Leo. He's the total opposite of me, and he always seems to know exactly how to cheer me up. I'm the dull sort of person you'd always want to avoid. Leo is the person you'd always want to be with. He'd know exactly what to say at the right moment.

 Sometimes I ask him why he sticks around with me, when there are so many people like him that he could enjoy his time with. All he does is let out a light laugh, saying,' 'Cause you're different, and you make me feel special. 

This reply drives me crazy 'cause I know for a fact that I have NO ability to make people feel anything. Except for maybe awkward. I'm glad I have a friend like him.

As I am an orphan, I don't have a parent to look after me. Guess where I live? On the streets. Yep. But it's not that bad, really. Some people feel sorry for me and take me in. Some even offer to provide for me, and they say I can come back whenever I want. I thank them for their kindness and I say ill visit them again but I don't. It's because I may get too attached to them, and I wouldn't want to leave.

This was basically my life until that one day came when everything changed.