Chapter 4

Three weeks have passed since I started living in Finetown and to be honest it is not as bad asi thought it would be , I don't wish anyone would come and take me away anymore. The first step of mi mission was completed. I had more friends than I can count and Puseletso and I suddenly got popular with her teaching me how to speak Sotho. On Saturday she came to visit me and mom allowed her to stay for the night. " So what do you do at a sleepover? ". " You've never been on one ? ". I asked looking surprised. " Yeah , I never had time to. My mom always wanted me to perfect at school you know be the perfect student she was when she was my age.  " Sadly I understand why she's like this , I've been there before , I always am. " Well on sleepovers we sit all night in our pj's and talk about boys or either have a drunk karaoke till we fall asleep , oh and we have a make up session. Now that is very important. ". " Okay then let's get to it. ". We had fun that night. It was like Emily was right here just in a different body. " Tell me more about Emily. " She said as we sat down to make a snack. " Well , to be honest I don't need to. ".  " Why ?". " Because Emily is just another you , and I mean you exactly. ". We laughed at that thought. We had a lot of drunk karaoke sessions until mom and a few dogs stopped us and we went to sleep.

____________________________________

In the next morning it was laundry day. Puseletso offered to help me out and I needed that. " I was trying to avoid this question but , do you like Njabulo ?". " Are you kidding me who doesn't. ". I said flicking my hair. " Then tell him. ". " I can't do that , I want our love story to be romantic. ". " Like having him rescue you ?". " Pretty much yeah.". " This might sound foolish but why don't we make him rescue you ? ". I shook my head ,  what is she talking about now ? " Meaning ? ". " Why don't you put yourself in a situation where you need rescuing and get him to help you. " " And if he doesn't? ". " Then he's a moron. ". We laughed and spilled water on each other. " I've gotta go now , see you tomorrow at school ? ". " Sure ntwana. ". I hanged the clothes and went inside.  That was a day for me , I bathed and sat on the couch and an unexpected visitor knocked on the door. " Emily ! " I shouted and hugged her. " How did you find me ? ". Emily looked different , a little bit fatter. She looked down and a tear fell down her face. " What's wrong now sugar ?". I sat her down. " Christa , I ... I am pregnant. ". I never expected to hear this so of course it came as a shock. " What !?". " It was not  supposed to happen Christa , it was just a fling I promise you. " She sobbed. " It's okay my love , did you tell your mom ? ". " Yeah and how did she take it ? ". " She said that she will help me , just as long as I finish school after giving birth. " She said as she stopped crying. " Who is the father ? ". " Ben. " She swept the floor with her eyes. " Ben , as in my Ben ? " I suddenly felt a little hurt. " I'm sorry friend. ". I didn't know what to say , what was to say. I no longer was with Ben but the fact that my best friend is now carrying my ex boyfriends baby felt a like a stab in the back. " It's okay my friend. I'm no longer with Ben and you know that. Besides there's Njabulo over here. ". The mood lightened up a little bit and we enjoyed the few minutes we have together. She told how it all happened which is something I don't ever want to hear again , ew.
I thought everything was going great , until the second term came.