Part 6

Janet's P.O.V

I pulled Toni and me up to the hospital. I didn't want to be recognized, so I put a mask and hat on. I got out of the car and to the backseat where her limp body was and went in.

"Help! Help! My wife isn't moving! I yelled many people started coming up towards us.

"Ok! Can I get a Gurnee over here!?" One of the doctors yelled.

"Ok! Let's get some fluid in her right away!"

"Wait! Her stomach is expanding!" I watched in horror as her stomach grew more prominent.

"What the fuck! Baby!" I yelled.

"Let's, please get her out of here!"

"What?! But she's my wife!"

"Sorry, ma'am, but it's an order from the doctor." A nurse said, pushing me out. I called everyone in my family to come quickly, and I didn't need to be by myself right now.
____________________

It's been over 5 hours, and still no word about Toni. My mother, Gil, Randy, and Rebbie are here to keep me occupied.

"Baby, please come sit down." My mother said, patting a seat for me.
I sat down, and she placed a blanket over me.

I had the hospital sign an NDA, and I don't want anyone to know about this. We are sitting in a private waiting room.

"Jackson!" I heard someone call, and I immediately stood up with everyone behind me.

"So we were able to get whatever was in her system out, but it will leave a side effect.

"Ok! What is it!?" I yelled, getting frustrated. I felt my mother's hands on my back, rubbing it for me to calm down.

"Well, her eyes are not responsive to light, but there is an 85 percent chance she will see, her muscles have not been responsive in the past 2 hours, and there is a 50 percent chance she might not wake up." When she said that last part, I started crying, I couldn't believe I trusted the devil in my baby's hands, and it's my fault I should've stayed with her.

"Is she able to see her?" My mother asks.

"Yes, she is asleep." She said, guiding us to Toni's private room.

When we walked in, I saw my baby look pale and lifeless. It broke my heart. I started crying all over again.

"It's ok, sweetie. She will recover this." I heard my mother say.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It has been officially a week, and Toni still hasn't woken up. And all over the news, it's staying Toni Braxton has gone missing, and her sister and parent have been faking like they don't know what happened to her. Gil and I were watching them on the news, and it showed Tamar, her mother, and her father sitting on entertainment tonight talking about her and fake crying.

"Toni, wherever you are, just know that we love you and miss you," Tamar said, blowing a kiss at the camera. Gil and I, at the same time, flipped her off.

"That bitch, she has a lot of nerve, going on tv crying, like she ain't done none of this," Gil says, pointing towards Toni.

"I know," I sighed, looking over at Toni holding her hand.

"She's going to wake up. Dunk, give her time." I nodded my head until I felt Toni's hands move.

"Toni? Toni! Can you hear me?" I said, holding her hand closer to me. She squeezed my hand again.

"Go get the doctor, now!" I yelled to Gil. He quickly left and went to get the doctor.

I see Toni trying to open her eyes and breath, but the tube is causing her to choke. The doctor and nurses came in and took the tubes out of her mouth, and she was breathing.

"Hello, Mrs. Jackson. You are safe in the hospital with your wife and friends. Could you nod your head and tell me you understand." She nodded her head and understood.

"Great, can you see this light for me." The doctor said, waving the light over her eyes. She flinched from the blinding light.

"It- s blurry." Toni said, trying to talk.

"Ok, that's ok, you haven't opened your eyes in a while. Ok, Um, could you move your arms and legs for me? She lifted her arms and moved them around, then her legs kicking them.

"Great! She is doing fine, but for her eyes, we will put a cold cloth over them to block off the light, but other than that, she's great." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and thanked them for their help. They left out the room, giving us time to talk.

"Hey baby, I'm over here," I said, guiding her head towards me, holding her hands.

"H- hi- I shoul- d hav-"

"Shhh, no you have good interaction but for the wrong people. It's ok, I'm just glad you're ok. I said kissing her head as I got in the bed with her.

"And Gil is here, to see you." I said grabbing her hand towards him. As he hold it.

"I'm glad you're ok friend." He said kissing her hand.

"Tha-nk yo-u." She whispered.