#2

Michael's POV

"I get out of bed. I have a shower. I brush my teeth. I try to comb my hair. I give up trying to comb my hair, scared of going bald. I brush my teeth again, because I forgot I already brushed them. I get dressed. I have breakfast." not a very exciting way to describe what I did this dull Monday morning, but that was exactly what happened.

alright, maybe not exactly like that. it went more like this:
the sound of my alarm clock went off. it was a new tone because I'd gotten so used to my old one that it didn't wake me up anymore. i already started dreading the day, before it had even begun. I reached out for my phone and picked it up. I did have the option of snoozing the alarm, but I probably wouldn't be able to wake up if I closed my eyes again.

the next 5 minutes I spent contemplating life. my phone was in my hand and I stared at the screen. when my phone locked, i stared at the screen for another 30 seconds until I put the phone down. then I looked up at the white ceiling, which looks light grey when the lights are off. I picked up my phone again and pressed the home button. the light of the screen blinded me for a moment. in that moment I managed to drop my phone on my face. I picked up my phone for the third time, and unlocked it.

I swiped back and forth between my social media apps and finally decided on checking twitter first. nothing new on twitter. then I checked tumblr and Facebook. nothing there either. I end up on Instagram. I scrolled through the pictures of the 163 people I follow. one caught my attention. I scrolled back up a little bit and see a picture that Luke posted. It was a picture most people would consider a cute couple picture. I didn't find it very cute. in the picture was Luke and Abigail. Luke was kissing Abigail's cheek and Abigail's arms were wrapped around Luke's broad body. I closed instagram and turned my phone off.

I rubbed my eyes as i continuously tell myself to get out of bed and make the most out of the day. but it seemed that no matter how many times i told myself that i had to get out of bed, my body refused to move. "you have to get out of bed" i mumbled to myself. i stared up at the ceiling as my eyes got a little bit teary. "you have to get out of bed..." i tried again but to no use. my head dropped back into my pillow and i began to sob.

i let myself cry, for once. i just let it all out. when my pillow was nearly drowning in tears i lifted my head again. "you have to get out of bed. now." i growled at myself. the anger in my voice scared me, but i finally got out of bed.

i slowly made my way to my bathroom. i glanced at my reflection in the mirror in my hallway. saying that what looked like a clown glanced back at me would be an understatement. my eyes were bloodshot from crying. my hair was a mess. dark circles under my eyes had formed and were quite a contrast to my pale skin.

i stripped off all my clothes as i walked towards my shower. i liked my shower. i'd spent a lot of time in it, thinking about my life. it was also in my shower that i came up with ways i could've won arguments in the past and came up with my best puns and insults.

i turned the water in my shower on. i stepped into the shower and kind of just stood there for a little while. the water was too cold for my liking but i didn't bother to make it warmer. when i decided that i'd stood in the shower for long enough i turned the water off and stepped out onto a towel that i had put on the floor next to my shower the day before.

i dried my body with another towel, which i wrapped around my waist when i was done. when i'd got my boxers and skinny jeans on, i looked around my room, trying to find a shirt to wear. i saw my favourite Nirvana shirt, which Luke had actually borrowed a couple days ago, and picked it up. as i threw it over my head, the overwhelming smell of teenage boy cologne made its way into my nostrils. i stood there for a minute, remembering every detail of Luke's beautiful face.

his face is fucking perfection. I've spent countless hours just staring into his eyes, wishing that he'd suddenly turn out to be gay or at least bi. but no, even if he was, he deserves so much better than me. i mean, i'll have to admit that the way he treats Abigail like a princess is pretty cute. i just wish that he would treat me like this. i want to be his prince or whatever.

but how do you walk up to your best friend and tell them that you're in love with them?

"hey Luke, just wanted to tell you that i'm in love with you and i have actually been for quite a while now!!"

Lol, no.

A/N

it's been so long omg 😯
this is really bad, but I promise I'll start making things more exciting really soon :)
also, idk why but my computer wouldn't capitalise anything while I was writing this :-/