4

The weekend had come and gone.

I watch the trees as we go by.

Trying to keep myself awake I pull out my phone looking over the missed calls from mom.

The weather today is the same as how I feel.

Im wearing sweats an oversized tee and I'm sporting my favorite pair of black sunglasses.

No amount of make-up could hide my bags.

I hardly slept all weekend.

Cora was actually riding to school with us for once. She kinda had no choice since I took her phone.

Mikey surprisingly finds a spot closer to the front of the school. I step out pulling my rain jacket tighter around my frame.

The front of the school is usually bustling with students but today it's more like a ghost town.

"Here." Mike drops the keys onto to my palm.

I shake my head giving them back to him. "Take em I can't drive right now anyways" He nods telling me he'll see me later as I make my way to first period.

"Saunders." A voice says. I look up seeing Mr.Lily wave at me. I drag my feet over to his classroom.

"Come in" He says stepping to the side. I walk in taking a seat across his desk.

"Morning." He shuffled through the papers on his desk until he finds one pulling it out the stack.

"Your failing my class." He states sitting down at his desk. "You've attend my class 3 times since you came back from your.... leave."

Right how could I forget.

The night after my first day back to school Ryan beat the shit out of me.

I stayed home for two weeks after that.

"Its almost November which means the marking period is almost over. So I've decided to set you up with a tutor with principal orders and looking at your other classes they could tutor you in them too if you wanted."

I gross my arms over my chest and lean back.

"You've have 3 weeks to bring your grades up."

As much as I hate the idea I know that's it's what I need. I can't afford to fail senior year.

"Okay" I mumble. "Who's the student?" I ask

Walking to to the cafeteria I spot him at a table in the middle of the cafeteria.

Most of the athletes and popular crowd sit at the 5 center tables. Everyone knows not to sit there or even go over there unless spoken to.

I can do this.

Just don't look at them.

I make my way to the left table spotting the brown haired boy with his head in his phone.

Reese spots me first and a look of concussion appears across his face.

"Dallin." I call making my presence known.

He looks up looking around when he notices the rest of them looking behind him.

"Saunders right?" I nod.

"Can we talk?" I say fiddling with the sunglasses when I feel them slipping since I'm look down.

"Sure.." He says collecting his bag. I follow him out the cafeteria into the hall.