~*~ 1 ~*~

~*~

  Wind rushing through brown locks. Accompanied by the satisfaction of a job well done. He had succeeded in his escape. Once again. He'd never been caught yet, but it still felt amazing when he did it. It felt like he could fly. To stretch his metaphorical wings and take off. But he knew he was not of the lucky few avians. Nonetheless, his power was highly sought after.

  Tonight was no different than the last nine or so months. Sneak out of the house, patrol the general area, watch the sky a bit, sneak back in. Routine. Something the boy had always liked.

He was what one would call a vigilante. Though he never saw himself fit for any category, and hated publicity.

He climbs down to start his patrol. He walks the lonely roads of the northernmost side. Usually it was only police, and not heroes at this time, but he never saw the police fit for detaining criminals. He never saw villains as criminals.

A shadow runs in the alleyway. Followed by a grunt. The brunet freezes and looks out into the depths of the alley. He looks expectantly at the trash can. But instead of anyone coming out, a small brown cat came out. He turns and keeps walking.

Jubilee wouldn't let his guard down for  a small feline. But as I civilian he would. 100%. No doubt about it.

He walks around the perimeter of north side, making sure not to lose focus, or to miss a criminal. His feet slapping against the cold concrete, damp from earlier rain.

The rain was something that he adores. The sound of tapping on his roof, the light thunder. Oh how wonderful.

A cafe sat abandoned after a fight between a villain and a hero. Quite a silly fight. The villain wasn't doing anything inherently wrong, just walking. It was rather late when the fight happened, 2 or 3 in the morning.

He walks on. Northside had a high crime rate, despite the hero's headquarters being in it. Perhaps criminals only wanted publicity. He couldn't see why anyone would want the whole world to know what you are doing at any given moment. Seems rather stressful.

His patrol was quite boring today. Nothing happened. At all. So now here he sat on a ledge, not far from his home. His family.

He lived with 3 other boys. He held them all dearly and wouldn't give them up for any circumstance.

The father figure. Phil. He was an avian. Thats the whole reason he wanted to be an avian. To be like his father. Phil had illegally adopted him when he was 5, so he had always been there for him.

His younger brother. Techno. He was a piglin hybrid, not very severe, only his eyes and ears even resembled that of a piglin. Phil had adopted Techno when he was 3.

And not to forget his favourite, youngest brother. Tommy. His powers were quite interesting. They were not verbal. More of a telekinetic manipulation, but he didn't have to do anything to activate them, just think. Tommy is a rather raunchy child. Phil adopted him when he was 10. Definitely the later of the bunch.

The sun begins to rise, signalling his time to head home. He scales down the bus station roof, landing on his feet as he had many times before. Walking home, a slight mist begins to fall from the sky, gentle and silent.

When he reaches his home, he climbs into his window, and strips off his soaked uniform. The black coat, the yellow-ish sweater, and the black tarnished jeans. Next to go were his shoes and socks. He then changes into a jumper and basketball shorts.

Climbing into his mattress, he notices a missed call on his phone. From his boss. He plays the voice mail.

"The shop is closed tomorrow, I have to go out on a work trip, see you soon, bye." the message plays out.

Good, now he could sleep longer. He begins to nod off, and escape reality into the world of his dreams.