Chapter 8

The servants of the Bonten mansion were either stone-cold or nervous to the point they were double-checking before committing any actions.

And dinner with all executives sitting at the table was one of the worst places to mess up.

Quiet, no unnecessary conversations, the sounds of metal utensils scraping against glass plates, and don't even talk about the tense atmosphere.

Sano Manjiro sat at one end of the long table, and the executives were free to sit anywhere they wanted.

Takemichi entered the dining area surprisingly late, his neck applied with a layer of foundation to Sanzu's relief. But he shouldn't be, because Takemichi is one man who does the unexpected whenever he wants.

Instead of sitting next to Mikey like he always did, he approached Ran. Sanzu was sitting in between Ran and Mikey, by the way.

"Hm? What's wrong, Takemichi?" Ran asked.

Takemichi slightly narrowed his eyes at Ran, who flinched. "D-did I do something wrong...?" 'Oh god please, if my last failed, it's either yours or Sanzu's fault, dammit!!'

"...My...seat..."

Ran shrieked like a girl as his chair was picked up and he was thrown off it. "WHAT THE FIDDLESTICKS!?"

Takemichi set the chair back down and sat down, chucking Ran's plate of food somewhere else. Turning his head towards Sanzu and blushing with an un-faltered expression, he had a small smile on his lips.

"...What...the fuck?" Kokonoi's steak slid off his fork as his mouth went agape, sharing the same expression as the others.

Ran sobbed and went to another seat, grabbing a new plate of food.

"...I love you, Haru." Takemichi proudly said.

Sanzu was sweating profusely, avoiding the horrible glare and bloodlust Mikey sent his way. "U-uh, I l-love you, too, but let's eat, okay!?"

Takemichi nodded and stole Rindou's untouched plate. "HEY!" Rindou looked away from his phone. "Rindou, shut it. Takemichi needs his nutrients more than you do." Mikey sneered, somehow offended at the fact that the mere executive even dare complain at Takemichi.

"Yes, sir..." Rindou paled, going back to his phone.

...

Sanzu was finished his meal and got up, ready to go back to his room. Takemichi saw this and placed his utensils down, grabbing Sanzu's hand. "Eh? Ta-Hanagaki, what are you doing...?"

Takemichi pouted at the last-name basis. "I said to call me by my first name, Haru!"

Sanzu felt all eyes on him. "Oh y-yeah! My bad...! But you haven't finished your meal so hurry up and finish-"

"No! Wherever Haru goes, I go! We're married, aren't we!?"

*CRASH*

"Haruchiyo, explain this bullshit..." Mikey's eyes bulged out at Sanzu, a steak knife stabbed right into the table.

"I'm deducting from your salary, bitch." Kokonoi smiled, his hand bleeding from crushing a clear glass cup.

"Hah? Since when did you propose, San-zu...?" Rindou spat out his name with venom lacing it.

"Seems you're eager to die today, I'll gladly do the job for you." Kakuchou bent the metal knife in his hand with ease, veins popping out of his forehead.

"...I'm too old for this, bye." Takeomi dipped out of here. "Not me but I'm out too." Mochizuki also dipped.

Oh, why did today have to be steak dinner? And why did Takemichi have to mix up the word "lovers" and "married"? For Sanzu's demise of course-

Notes:

Sanzu: wanna some real speed-

Mikey: no need, this pistol will do just the right thing.

Takemichi: Ah, Haru, I might need some more foundation. This hickies are starting to show again.

Sanzu: AILENWAUDA-MIKEY, CALM DOWN!!!