14.

A/N- CHAPTER TRAILER ABOVE!!

Beyond the fleeting airport kiosks, trembling suitcase wheels, and dimming horizon, I had Harry

His hand was wrapped around my wrist to keep me in his orbit while we ran through security, bypassing any baggage check. The only items in my possession were his oversized event attire, twenty dollars, and residual adrenaline from the theater. My chest pocket crinkled with his note and cash. Our pounding shoes broke past the usual airport chaos and elevated the volume.

I couldn't help but laugh as we were rushing towards the gate. There wasn't a single plan that went into this. Nothing was predetermined, we simply paid for airport parking and bought the earliest ticket we could find.

Our boarding passes meant home, set to New York.

There was visible excitement across my face as Harry looked back while sprinting towards the plane. Everyone at our gate was shocked to see us in a hurry, wearing such unsuitable clothing. He was still in his all black button down and trousers. His skin was peppered with fluid ink that appeared only at some angles, the rest of the fabric covered him up well. Standing by his side made me realize the height difference, my neck craned up just to make eye contact.

Among prepared travelers, Harry and I stood to proceed into the aircraft. Boarding had started well before we ran into the crowd. The comfort of leaning against Harry's shoulder alleviated the weight and soreness my body held.

"Ah, Young love," An older woman sitting down muttered to their companion as we waited to enter the plane. I tried to brush off the statement without recognition, turning back to Harry. My cheeks flickered a crimson hue.

"Where will we stay?" I peered up while my chin rested on his bicep.

"I've got a place," He smiled back.

"You never mentioned, back when I spoke of New York,"

"I just let you talk, I didn't need to interject," He kept his voice low enough to disengage eavesdroppers. His focus fixed forward to prepare for boarding.

"You're good at that,"

"What?" His face snapped back to look down at me.

"Not talking," I responded, "Letting your actions speak instead." My smile gently rose as I desperately tried to fight this fluttering feeling. Across my cheeks was that ache, like my muscles had formed too many smiles. I couldn't help it.

"Hm" His chest vibrated while I leaned on his arm.

Our turn came to reveal the boarding passes and enter through the terminal. I let Harry lead the way, right hand extending the plane ticket to check for our seats, while his other hand grabbed my shirt cuff. He had a habit of keeping me close through all means possible. Sometimes that manifested in touches.