9

Fantasizing your Boss?.. Well, let's see how that goes...

.

.

.

Briana couldn't believe that whatever she was thinking about and whatever she was compelling herself to let go and enjoy was rubbed directly into her face.

On the other hand, Jake could notice a visible change in her. He, for once, noticed how she was dressed or how she reacted at his comment.

"Wha-what do you mean?", the questioned rolled out of her tongue on its own.

He raised his brows at her audacity of talking so casually with her boss. His jaws stiffened while he leaned in.

"I think you've forgotten you're standing in front of your boss. You're in no position to talk to me without addressing me as your employer!", he growled. "If you've started taking your position very casually then let me clear the air for you; this place is your office not your lover's house!", he said directing the comment at Ricky. However, Briana was unable to understand that. "So bear in mind to do what you're paid for!", he snapped his fingers, gesturing her to leave.

 "So bear in mind to do what you're paid for!", he snapped his fingers, gesturing her to leave

For a moment, Briana was beyond shocked. She couldn't comprehend why he was playing with the words like he was. Did he know something or not? Or was he just waiting for her to come clean?

Dammit!!!!

For her, it was a complete bafflement!

She couldn't ask her boss, she couldn't tell him either because then, she'll be blowing up her own cover. So she did what an obedient assistant would-mumble an apology and leave the room.

**

By the time, Briana came back home after work, she was beyond tired. There were quite a lot of meetings today. To add to it, she hadn't completed her work in the office so she brought them along with her. She unlocked the door to her apartment and shut it behind her. Dropping her bag on the floor, she turned the lights on.

"What the fuck-", she shrieked the moment she turned around.