008

We all want to be someone's

Want to be someone's someone

With somebody, we can't live without

The apartment was dimly lit, the drama that Sehun had picked out playing on the tv screen had just ended up being a soft white noise behind Soon-ok's loud thoughts. Her eyes had zoomed out on Ji- Chang Wook-s unfairly beautiful face as she absentmindedly fed her baby, with two fingers holding up her nipple to ease the flow of her milk. For a few moments, the woman had forgotten about her best friend's presence beside her.

She hadn't wanted to admit it at first, but leaving the hospital and returning to her apartment had never felt so lonely. Even though a part of her was joyful about her daughter, there was still a tiny void in her heart that felt extremely empty. A void so small and yet so extremely essential for everything to be right. The truth was that Soon-ok knew exactly what it was, or better said, who had the key that fit right in.

Someone whom she had professed her hate to, then suddenly begged him to stay with her while tears streamed down her cheeks. God, what had gotten into her? What she had done was completely irreversible and she had to physically restrain herself from groaning out loud in frustration as she was feeding Sohee who soon would be falling asleep. Teeth drilled into her lip, nibbling thoughtfully as she let the memories of that day replay before her eyes.

She remembered the way he had wanted to give her a ride home despite looking more like a wreck than her. Baekhyun had stayed with her the entire time, from the moment she had gone into labor to the time of her departure from the hospital. Although he insisted that he was fine and had rested enough, she knew that he had probably not slept a single wink just to watch over her. She had tried to explain to him why she hadn't needed a ride, but the grumpy frown on his forehead and the priceless pout twisting his lips had been too much of a show to keep on trying. Not to mention the ulterior reason for his displeased expressions.

Hence, Soon-ok wasn't sure whether she was thankful to Sehun for barging in at that moment or if she wanted to fulminate him because he had shattered whatever spell that cupid had fondly sprinkled upon them. She couldn't help but side-eye her friend as she recalled the scene.

"Soon-ok ah!" Her best friend's dark voice had boomed in the hospital room, startling everyone within it. Sehun's brows were naturally curved into a frown as his parted lips fell apart to let in some air into his heaving chest. Despite the looks of his rush, Baekhyun found it extremely deranging that he looked so fresh and stylish while he had yet to change the clothes he had been wearing for the past few days. The rival had barely noticed how his inner turmoil had taken over the muscles of his face, eyes unconsciously widening into an offended glare. It was the way that the guy hadn't even spared him a glance before settling next to the woman, taking her hand in his as if it was a casual habit. Something that Baekhyun could only remotely dream of doing.

"Who are you?" Baekhyun hadn't been able to help himself, nor the gritting of his teeth peeking from his slightly parted lips, which had only prompted Sehun to quirk the corner of his lips as he looked at the rival up and down before losing interest in him right away. The man felt like a warm kettle with water boiling within him, but he couldn't snap at him.

"What do you mean?" Sehun had cocked a brow while shrugging one shoulder, and nonchalance radiated off him prompting the already threatened Baekhyun to bite deep into his lip.