08🌟

🌟

✍️ Anyone with a time-related ability can move through frozen time. One has the ability to freeze time itself. Another has the ability to make others move through frozen time. The third one has the ability to freeze and unfreeze people who have time-related abilities. Make them meet each other.
-my own prompt
April 20 & 26, 2022; Tuesday; 8:42pm

🌟

[Version 1]

While walking around, no one told Proteus that there was a body in the living room. At the moment, he's just decided to freeze time since he has been chasing a thief that stole not only his wallet, but the keys to his house. It's been three hours. He has yet to find this individual and his patience is running thin, tracking the man on his phone.

With time being frozen, he wonders around the city.

Nothing else moved other than him. Living things stopped, not only that, so did natural forces that are uncontrolled by anyone-gravity, the wind, the reflection of light; everything.

No sound was heard either. Other than his own footsteps, panting, and shifting, the silence was loud enough that he could hear his own heartbeat. He never liked how quiet it was when time was frozen. The silence wasn't something he was used to if he considered how chaotic his home was a lot of the time.

He was about to consider turning around, and maybe breaking down the door to his house instead. But that he didn't have a choice-and before he saw his own face, moving across the crowd of frozen civilians: frustrated looking, as if it had just escaped tragedy, and with a big slap mark on the cheek.

He stopped. But just as he did, the face looked back, quickly looked away, and froze-it pretended to be frozen.

But to Proteus, there was no time to think. So he made a run for it in attempts to catch this blasted thing that's moving along frozen time with him.

But the figure with the same face sees this at the corner of its eye and immediately sprints for the other direction. Away from Proteus, as if knowing the consequences of being caught.

Fortunately, he was slow, and Proteus was able to jump in for a tackle before he pined him to the ground-Crushing the man with his own weight that was heavier than most because of his athletic history.

The same-faced figure groaned and Proteus can hear his heart beat in a panic. "You're-" the man said to him, , "you're crushing my spleen."

"You don't even know where your spleen is." Proteus huffed, "and I'll have you know, this is called a shoulder." He emphasized, as he pressed in harder.

The man tried to squirm his way out of his grip, but Proteus was significantly buffer than his beanpole-of-a-body. There was no way this thief was getting out easy.

"Uh-Excuse me, but I was under the impression that I was not going to be executed today." He hissed, "Get off, hypocrite."

"That was before you left me locked outside of the goddamn house." Proteus demanded, "Now, give me the damn keys!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"What do you mean you have no idea what I'm talking about? You sprinted away laughing like a madman on mushroom and you have no idea what I'm talking about?"