chapter's one

Years of being locked away from the world had completely removed any aspects of normality from the girls brain the side affects of loneliness had enveloped her mind long before her sanity had crumbled to pieces before the doctors eyes she was now more like the part of the world that if kept in the dark and pretended it wasn't there it was easier to go on living with a clear conscience.

The room was silent as it had always been the girl rested her chin on her knees witch she had brought close to her chest and she slightly rocked back and forth on the bed.

Her head tilted to the right eyes wide they started twitching and from her lips escaped clicking noises. One, two, three, she repeated over and over in her delusional mind. The pattern continued long into the night. A shadow loomed over her sleeping body, watching the girl breath in and out, watching her torso rise and fall.

The appartion too clicked gibberish at her and scurried up to the cieling, before leaping onto the bed. The girl woke with a shudder and sat upright to face the creature that spent many nights watching and waiting for her. It spoke to her in shrieks and the girl responded to her playmate. It ran up the wall and the girl, remaining on the floor, chased it around the room trying to catch it. Eerie giggles filled the night as the two played their tag and chase game.

Dawn came, not when the sun shone through the non existent window, but when the lights were turned on and illuminated the dark room. It woke the girl who was asleep on the floor, curled up in a ball. The shadow had disappeared, hiding in the blackness under the bed. Every now and then a click emanated from the shadowy void beneath the bed, reasurring its friend that she was not alone.

The girl flinched and twiched instinctively, looking up to see if something was there before picking up the charcoal that had been given to her to keep her mind preoccupied.