╭⋟¹²𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧⋞╯

Matsushita quit the team shortly after. He turned in an official form, bowed, and left the gymnasium.

Kuroo would spot him in the halls, thinner, paler. He thought nothing of it. He was bad news.

Matsushita Shinjiro was toxic.

He wasn't going to spend time fretting about his physical state. Matsushita was not his friend, he had no obligations to worry—

"Oh for fucks sake!" Kenma groaned, cutting through Kuroo's swimming mind. The dark-haired teen turned to his best friend with wide eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. Kenma groaned, gripping his hair and shooting Kuroo an annoyed look.

"Just go visit him already."

What?

"Don't give me that look, I know you, Kuro," Kenma muttered. Still, the third year tilted his head. "Go visit Matsushita."

He stared.

"No."

Kenma rolled his eyes.

"Why would I spend any time thinking about—"

"Because you're doing it right now!" Kenma interrupted, sighing as he swiped a hand over his face. "Just drop by his place after school today and—and sort things out! Seriously, you two are acting like children."

Kuroo opened his mouth to protest but he closed it after a moment.
Maybe visiting...saying everything—getting it all off his chest, would help.

Or at least to get some kind of closure.

Right.

Because Kuroo wasn't going to be Matsushita's friend. He was done with him. He just needed to end it officially. That's all.

"Can we go now?" Kenma asked, looking around the snack hall as it steadily grew crowded with more students in their free period.

Kuroo grinned but nodded.

They went their separate ways and Kuroo slid open the door to his class, plopping in his seat.

His phone buzzed, briefly.

Kenma:

Matsushita didn't come to school today. Or yesterday apparently

Skipping school?

Kuroo almost said typical out loud. But a nagging feeling hung in the back of his head.

Yeah, he would visit today. Get everything over with today.

It would end today.

◢✥◣
◥✥◤

Kuroo considered heading home first but he figured he would talk himself out of visiting Matsushita, so he went straight for the rundown apartment after school.

Walking the loud streets of Tokyo to that same small building.

When he reached he wasn't sure what to do.

Knock?

Call?

Kuroo swallowed thickly and lifted his hand. He took a deep breath, eyes closed, and exhaled through his mouth. He rapped his knuckles against the door.

It took about thirty seconds but it finally creaked open, but in that time he heard a bit of racket behind the door.

When he could see inside he understood why.