Dads?

Pat and Pran had been going strong for 7 years now. They didn't let their families strip them of their happiness. They'd suffered enough through school and college, and it was now their time to be themselves, happy and proud and loved. Though Pran liked Pat first, Pat never made it seem that way. Pat seemed to be more whipped for Pran to an outsider, but he knew of Pran's immeasurable love for him. Pran didn't have to show it to anyone. They knew that their love was no competition.

2 years into married life, still bickering and making up every 10 minutes, Pran and Pat had become successful adults. Pran worked as an interior designer in an architecture firm in Singapore and Pat decided to shift to Singapore with him. He started out rough, but in 3 years time he was now working as an engineer in one of the most reputed firms. They were making good money and had built for themselves a happy life in a once unknown land which now they called home.

It was not that they didn't want to go back to Thailand, maybe they would in a couple of years, but Singapore just seemed like the better option for them. 

5 years after being together, They had given their parents some well needed to time to adjust, accept and adapt to their situation, before breaking the news of wanting to get married. It didn't come as a shock to anyone, and it made Pat and Pran boundlessly happy to see their parents accept their love. They had gotten married in Singapore inviting their close friends and family. 

Pat and Pran knew that marriage was just a legal status, nothing would change their love for each other. Pat would love Pran just as much as he did back in college, and Pran would still be bewitched by Pat's 'fierce eyes' and 'dapper smile' like when he fell for him in high school. Their love didn't change, it only deepened. However, from calling each other names and curses, to calling each other 'Tee-rak' and 'tua-eng' , to calling each other 'boyfriend', to 'fiancé' and now finally to 'husband', they found happiness and companionship and a love that anyone would be jealous of. 

Married life came easy to them. They knew each other so well that arguments and fights never became a huge event. They bickered everyday, but it was only out of affection.

One night when Pran was ready to go back to their apartment after work, he found at the elevator a young little girl, wobbling out of it. Pran immediately went on his knees to ask her, "hey there.. who are you looking for ?" with such a soft smile that if Pat saw it he would melt right then and there.

The little girl, probably around 3 years old, smiles a little, "Momma-" and proceeds to walk past Pran. Pran continues to walk behind her with soft eyes and smile, as she runs towards her mother. Pran sees his co-worker, Namtaan making grabby hands towards the child. "Hey baby, what are you doing up here? I was gonna come down in a few minutes."

"Dadda said I could come up, and take you with me," the girl pouts and makes a puppy dog face at her mother. Pran just stood there cooing internally at the interaction. Namtaan took her girl in her arms, and walked towards Pran, "Hey, could you do me a favour? I know you were about to go home, but I really need to finish sending off some designs to client. Could you just stay with her for 10 minutes?' Please," Namtaan begs Pran and who was Pran to deny the opportunity to play with the pretty little baby.

"Oh yeah sure. What's her name?" He asked, taking her in his own arms now.

"Jane, and thank you so much Pran, " Namtaan says,  "hey baby, stay with uncle Pran for a minute yeah? I'll just be back." 

Jane nods and hugs Pran, her head resting on his shoulders. "Hi Jane, I'm Pran." he says softly, smiling Sweetly. "Hmm, I"m Jane. I'm 2.5 years old. Almost 3 now. " she says proudly. "I'm a big girl." and Pran proceeds to put her down and bends down to match her height.