Chapter 9: Trial, error and struggle.

'Let's see you beat THIS!' Jærvun said as he sacrificed multiple soldiers to promote a unit to Çhirē.

'Fatal flaw,Sir. Now you have no defense.' The servant facing him replied as he took multiple pieces off of Jærvun's side of the board.

'Surrender is still a valid option Kīãrah.' Yùleyne said to her opponent as she removed a King piece from her opponent's side.

The 4 had been locked in an intense match of Krõumçol for the past 6 hours, both sides constantly faltering and coming back with virtuous strategy after the next.

'Not a chance, I still have something that I can rely on.' Kīãrah replied. Seemingly assured that she had victory in her grasp.

Jærvun started a sacrifice in his regimen.

Kīãrah had proceeded with hers.

The match was interrupted by a servant knocking before entering the room.

He looked at the people present before bowing.

'Çhirē Yùleyne, I am sorry to be interrupting, but I was to relay a message to you.'

Yùleyne spun her chair around to recieved the message.

'Well, go on.' she said, raising a receiving hand.

The servant stood up straight and relayed the message.

'Çhirē Shiyīvnē says that she expects you to be at her estate tomorrow by at least noon, she says that your assistance is needed.'

Yùleyne shrugs her hand.

'Tell her to expect me by sunrise.'

The servant bows again.

'I have a message for you too Sir Jærvun.'

Jærvun places his sacrifice on the board before turning his chair to face the servant, same as Yùleyne.

'Yes?'

'Çhirē Shiyīvnē said to relay these exact words if I had found you here.'

Jærvun could only widen his eyes in preparation.

'She says, Make sure you get back here by or before sunrise unless you want me to drag you back home by the hair, no matter whether you are clothed and proper or naked and blessing your woman with a child.'

The servant stood straight again.

'That is all. Have a nice evening.' he said before leaving.

Jærvun and Yùleyne look at each other.

'I guess we better end this game quickly.' Jærvun said with a new found passion.

Thus, the match that was previously a battle of attrition turned into the quickest, adrenaline filled 14 minutes and 38 seconds of the evening.

Promotions after sacrifice!

Sacrifice after advantageous takedown!

Takedown! Takedown! Takedown!

Before they knew it. The match was done.

The victors were Kīãrah and Jærvun.

After their own respective praises and teases, Yùleyne started walking with Jærvun to his sister's mansion.

'Well, that was an experience huh?' she asked.

'Oh yes,It was!' Jærvun said, still exhilarated by the match they just finished.

He was so thrilled that he was skipping, a habit he had since he and Yùleyne were kids.

'I actually thought I was gonna win, but I played my sacrifice wrong and at the wrong time.' Yùleyne said, rethinking the mistakes she played earlier